Technical marea - reset ecu?

Currently reading:
Technical marea - reset ecu?

Re: marea

:confused:
You reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a few hours.
i knocked the fuel cut off switch car would not start but had a spark in the plugs when i turned the fuel switch on had the fuel comming through but no spark from the plugs when turning the engine over when i turn on the ignition on the key code light gose off as normal but when you tunr the engine over the key code light flashes

ive only got 2 blue keys there is a 5 digit code in the hand book but not got that either do you know if this code is any where in the car or part of the engine number chassie number if i can find this then i can use the ignition and throttle to re enter it

the code will let you do the emergency start procedure, but to get the engine starting using only the key you need to fix the immob fault.

Re:changed throttle ecu now got key code problem?

Hi
Fait punto 1.2
Can anyone help i have changed the ecu that bolts on to the carb with a second hand one from an other car
now i get the key code light coming on and car wont start a
Any ideas hoto fix or over come?????????????? HELP PLEASE

bri:confused:

Last edited:
Re: changed throttle ecu now got key code problem?

Hi
Fait punto 1.2
Can anyone help i have changed the ecu that bolts on to the carb with a second hand one from an other car
now i get the key code light coming on and car wont start a
Any ideas hoto fix or over come?????????????? HELP PLEASE

bri:confused:

Did you change the imob chips over inside the keys? I've asked for this to be split and placed in the punto section, also what punto? ie what yr. When you say carb i assume you meant car.

He means throttle body and it must be a MK2 or 2B, cant just swap the ecu or the transponders. You need a new engine ecu as its coded to the bodycomputer, its a security feature.

hi, thanks for your swift reply, yes it was the throttle e c u i had swapped from a second hand car my own unit is faulty and i thought i could just replace the unit from another car which is a 1.2 2002 model from what you say i take it there is no way to recode the throttle e c u to the body e c u is this correct and there will i have to buy a new unit ?? thanks again bri:cry:

Back