Marea poly headlights

Currently reading:
Marea poly headlights

A

Anthony Wells

Just installed a new set, seemed fairly easy until it came to checking they worked.

Did as the instruction guide said, but when the dipped beam is switched on only the drivers sidelight comes on.

When the main beam is switched on the passengers side sidelight comes on with it...can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Oh and for reference I have a Mk1 HGT.

Cheers!

Sorry to state the obvious but they are wired up wrong. Back to the drawing board - i suggest a multimeter to check for current when sidelights are on, then label the wire required and move on to dipped and then main. I had one that had the wire emerging from the wrong port on the headlight once and that caused some issues for a while - make sure this is not the case for you.

Yeah I kinda figured they were wired up wrong...but I couldn't see where.

I followed the guide posted on here (was kindly given with the lights when purchased), checked all the connections were good but still no success.

I have been playing around with the idea of having the sidelights on a seperate switch (ie run one through the firewall near the drivers seat) and possibly some custom green eagle eyes.

Just out of curiousity, if I ignored the sidelight and just connected the 3 plugs for the main, full beam and indicators would these still work?

Cheers

yes it should work

its only the sidelight wires that need to be altered to make them work the dip & main beam should work with no modifiction