General Marea MOT

Currently reading:
General Marea MOT

71matt

Took the old girl for her MOT today, failed on handbrake adustment and centre seat belt won't function. Freed up the seat belt in 10 mins and handbrake getting sorted Friday. Had a few advisaries, both front brake pipes corroded and one rear pipe the same, underneath showing signs of rust on floor pan. All pipes getting replaced and underneath oiled up on Friday, will let you know the outcome and cost

Sounds good mat, look forward to the report, brake pipes going quite frequenty these days o_O hopefully your floor pan will be ok!.

All work done £320 later! Handbrake still isn't great, think it needs new rear pads, hopefully it'll pass tomorrow. The underneath looks much better, they re-coated the whole underneath paying speacial attention to any scabby areas. Money I could have done without spending but needs must and I do enjoy driving the old girl!

Re:Up-date

Passed MOT, handbrake and number plate advisary, happy days. Will still do rear disc's and pads but no major hurry now.

Hers passed with advisories for cracked brackets holding handbrake cable on rear axle, being done on under warranty.

Mine loom's ever closer, I need 2 new front tires but everything crossed thats it. Rev counter not a failure is it???

Well theres quite a few cars with no rev counter at all so i doubt it o_O.

The MoT testers manual is on line somewhere, Google and you shall find. The only way tacho may be an issue is tdle speed for emissions. Could be one of those situations where if its there it has to work, like a spare wheel or ABS.

Back