Technical marea headlight problems

Currently reading:
Technical marea headlight problems

kevinski

Hi all. I drive a marea JTD 1.9 2001 . Been having intermittent problems with the headlamps.The sidelights work.The full beam works. but the dipped beam doesn't work.Before, he dipped beams would be temperamental and a thump would get them to stay on but now no joy. I guess there's a loose wire somewhere but could i be wrong.Also noticed that when the sidelights are on the left lamp is dimmer then the right lamp. I have checked the fuses etc. but nothing is blown so any advice would be very very welcome.

I think you will find itl be a bad earth or the bulb itself. I had one like this the bulb lit up with a thump but when I took it out the filament was just hanging, the thump must have made the filament connect.

Thanx johnson but I have had a go at waggling the wires and making sure that the connectors for both the lamp and the outer casing are secure but still no joy. Where can I find the relay for the dipped light? I have heard that others have had problems with the stalk switch that cause these very symptons i hope not!!

Not 100% but i think one of the relays/fuses for the head light dipped beam is in the box at the front of the battery.Open bonnet and look straight down in front of the battery.Remove the cover with 1 screw in it.like i said not 100% sure.Other than that sounds like earth problem as mentioned by Johnson 550

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance guys but how do I go about checking the earth? Would it be the point on the metal outer casing surrounding the headlamp bulb?

Hi all well it turned out to be the ligting relay for the headlights behind the steering column. Replaced that and all is well again.!!

Back