Technical Marea-ELX-Key Problems

Currently reading:
Technical Marea-ELX-Key Problems

BigIainy

Hi folks,just joined the Forum,and I'm looking for some help:bang:
I have a 1999 Marea 1800elx and it's driving me up the wall.
I actually sold the car,and it broke down with the new owner 30 minutes after She had it:eek: .
I dont have the red key,and every now and again the blue key isn't recognised and the car wont start.
I cant get the parts anywhere for it,as it has the Hitatchi ECU,mounted in the engine compartment,
What do I need to get,I have been told that the keybox isn't sending the signal to the brain,everywhere I have tried have said that they cant do anything with the Hitatchi ECU:mad: ,is this the case.
Could really do with some help please(y)
Iain

Howdy and welcome to the forum.(y)

Do you definatley know the problem is at the ECU end?
If it's your key thats faulty but if its an intermittant problem you may be able to just get a new blue key cloned and that would be that.:)

Cheers for the welcome,and thanks for the quick reply,I've had the blue key cloned and it didnt help,I was told a new key box would cure the problem,but only if I had the red key. Thing is the cars only done 55k miles and when it's running,it's perfect,

ps, I'm a fellow Scot,I live in Ayrshire(y)

Cheers for the welcome,and thanks for the quick reply,I've had the blue key cloned and it didnt help,I was told a new key box would cure the problem,but only if I had the red key. Thing is the cars only done 55k miles and when it's running,it's perfect,

ps, I'm a fellow Scot,I live in Ayrshire(y)

In that case I can't help you anymore. New key was the only thing I could think of. :(
There are plenty other peeps on here that will be able to give you way more advice than me on these matters, it will just be a case of waiting for them.

We have quite a few members from ayrshire! (y)

there is an aerial around the ignition barrel. the wiring connector on this can often come loose, causing intermittent immob problems. check the connector on it. similarly the code box can be insecurely fitted, so check that is pushed in securely (its in the interior fusebox area). also it is possible that there is a power supply problem for the immob, check the connecitons on the fuse (in engine bay).

the code box is very rarely faulty in intermittent fault cases, actually i'd be willing to bet money there is nothing wrong with it and the problem is only a wiring fault.

there is a good wiring diagram in the fiat manuals, available to download here:
http://www.babarmalik.com/ledmods.htm

Back