Technical marea electrics

Currently reading:
Technical marea electrics

bouncinbo

i have a 1998 marea weekend 125 td. the other day i was driving along when the radio cut out i though it had blown a fuse until i noticed the speedo needle had gone round to max speed,the rev counter,fuel and temp gauges weren't working. i also found the interior light in the front isnt working but the boot one is.also the central locking doesnt wok on the remote but does lock with the key(i have put new batteries in the key just in case) ive been told it may be a bad earth. ive tried dissconecting the battery to reset it but nothing happened.can anyone shed some light on this for me,or had the same problem? where will i find the bad earth? is it a big job? ..........ive had the car for about 6 months and have no other problems with it so i dont want give up on it but to be honest im fed up with the worry of running out of diesel as the trip has packed up too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a short circuit, there are many possibilties, but it is often easiest if you try removing a single fuse at a time to see if that cures the problem, if it does then you know which circuit(s) are causing problems depending on which fuse makes the problem go away.

there is probably a common supply gone missing here, unlikely to be an earth as most of the items concerned have their own earths. start by checking fuses and supply voltages at the tops of the fuses for the items in question (use a multimeter, test lamp or even a 5W bulb if necessary). the instruments are supplied by one of the "services/servizi" fuses in the interior fuse panel. dig out the manual, all fuses and supplied equipment are listed..
the speedo probably went round due to an intermittent loss of supply.

Owen.

Ive Managed To Reset The Speedo ,ive Pulled All The Fuses (one By One)ive Taken The Stereo Out Incase Any Shorts In The Unit. I Need To Find A Good Electrican In Essex Who Wont Laugh As Soon As I Mention Fiat.ive Got To Get It Sorted As The Cars Worth Noting As It Stands. Anyone Help??????????????????

Back