Technical Marea ABS diagnose

Currently reading:
Technical Marea ABS diagnose

andreashamso

Hi everyone!

I am experiencing trouble with my ABS module for my 1998 1.6 marea. Have already got one from the scrapyard, had a workshop change it, and it comes with the same error as the old one... I have understood that there units are failing these days, but my question is what are the signs of it being the unit failing, and not something else?

My car starts, the abs light goes off, when i press the brakes the pump seems to work like mad making the brake pedal vibrate, and when i reach 40 kph, the abs light comes on, and the brakes work fine, though without abs.

Anyone else with a failing unit who have had the same problem?

At the garage they say that the reading they get of the computer is that fthe front left sensor is the problem. This has been changed, and is apparently not the problem.

I find it odd that the abs unit i got from the scrapyard has EXACTLY the same error message.

Basically my question is as follows: will malfunctioning motor control relays in the abs central unit cause the microprocessor to believe that there is something wrong with the front left wheel sensor?

I did change the whole abs central unit, and the fault did not seem to be there. I have done a wiring continuity test, and the readings are fine, all sensors are behaving as they should.

Back