Marea marea 20vt conversion

Currently reading:
Marea marea 20vt conversion

I'd like to have done the 20vt conversion on a Stilo, but I found a Marea first. The Stilo would be good it's got a longer wheelbase than the coupe, a lowered and fattened up Schumacher rep would be awesome.

Hi Steve
How about this

The car had coil overs fitted when i bought it, wasn't even told they were on there, nice bonus.

Instead of high jacking your thread i suppose i should start my own thread :).

I have only got one pic of the donor car, it leaving on a truck to the breakers, i need to upload it to show.

Steve
That is the easiest one, removed it all, we have managed to fit the coupe dash, so will be running the original instruments, gauges, switches etc why make things complicated (y)

The inside has been completely removed, we will be having a full roll cage, bucket seats, 5 or 6 point harnesses, internal fuel tank.

My biggest worry is that the ABS system will take some working out, we have fitted the Coupe 20vt hubs, discs and callipers to the front but have the original rear set up, just need to try and match up the signal from the sensors.

That's what I would have done too. If it's going to be track oriented why would you want an over interfering abs system? I'd bin that off too.
I looked into a Stilo again last night, I'm just put off by the horror stories of the whole "Stilo was a failure" and " Stilo handling was a step backwards from the tipo platform"

For some reason I'm drawn to them. With Marea, I love the fact that it's looked down on by "better cars" even diesel kias think it's just an old shed.

When the conversions done I was thinking of leaving it shed like for the full sleeper effect, but I need the coupe wheels to clear the brakes. So it'll be OEM+ rather than a sleeper.

I bought another Stilo to use because the wife liked this one, but when the two were side by side she wanted the other one, a red one that has had the Schumacher kit fitted a couple of years later, i quite like the handling i think i have pushed it quite alot, my wife and myself are going to a track day taster session at Rockingham at the end of the month, she is doing the taster session and we will do the afternoon session after, i will let you know how it goes.

The guy i am building it with is a stainless steel fabricator but has no track or fast driving experience, so i thought i would leave the ABS on to help him and hopefully save the car, if i can't get it to work then it will come out.

We have also decided to leave the engine pretty much standard at the moment, as we reckon we will have a list of modifications to do after a seasons running and then an engine rebuild is on the cards.

Nice one mate, I've never driven a stilo so I can't say much about the handling. Only the grape vine talk.
A buddy and me are going to make a start on a pure track day car when my marea is done.
I have a mk2 punto going spare so Id like to do something with that.

Due to the way things go the Brava I was going to run while I did the Marea, well the head gasket has gone and needs lots of bits replacing suspension wise. So I'm going to switch the conversion project to the Brava.
Sorry Marea fans. But there are other on going Marea turbo projects.

See you in the bravo / Brava section.

Back