Technical Map sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Map sensor

Darylj93

Is this where the map sensor is? if so is it easy to change it?
attachment.php

Okay because my engine management light came on and got the map sensor changed and got the codes read and it still says the map sensor is faulty, but to change it is it literally unscrew it and take that cable out of the top and screw new one in and plug the cables back in?

Okay because my engine management light came on and got the map sensor changed and got the codes read and it still says the map sensor is faulty, but to change it is it literally unscrew it and take that cable out of the top and screw new one in and plug the cables back in?

Yes its as simple as that

Id personally disconnect then unscrew

Whata the fault code been generated, as it may say map sensor but it could be an induction leak or a damaged wire

Ziggy

Yes its as simple as that

Id personally disconnect then unscrew

Whata the fault code been generated, as it may say map sensor but it could be an induction leak or a damaged wire

Ziggy

Okay thanks and the code reads as" manifold air pressure" something like that

Okay thanks and the code reads as" manifold air pressure" something like that

Not really much use there

We could do with the actual fault code like this (something like this example)
P0236 - manifold absolutr pressure range low

Or
P0444 - Map sesnor oprn circuit

(Please note those codes dont mean what I put there an example what we could do with)

Ziggy

Not really much use there

We could do with the actual fault code like this (something like this example)
P0236 - manifold absolutr pressure range low

Or
P0444 - Map sesnor oprn circuit

(Please note those codes dont mean what I put there an example what we could do with)

Ziggy

I'll have to double check when my engine management light comes back on. Because sometimes when i start the car up it goes off and stays off for a couple of days then some times I turn the engine on and it comes back on for a few days, I just think that the sensor is knackered lol

Back