Technical MAF on stilo 1.8 Dynamic

Currently reading:
Technical MAF on stilo 1.8 Dynamic

a990

Hi Guys,

I'm getting engine fault and the local garage is saying that it has to do with the MAF sensor and he needs to replace the whole throttle body for about 600£.

Is that true a small sensor can cost soo much. is it something i can clean myself or replace my self ?

Thanks,

A990:slayer:

Hi Guys,

I'm getting engine fault and the local garage is saying that it has to do with the MAF sensor and he needs to replace the whole throttle body for about 600£.

Is that true a small sensor can cost soo much. is it something i can clean myself or replace my self ?

Thanks,

A990:slayer:

Yes, throttle bodies are expensive, but the cause of the fault is more likely to be something else. usually wiring connectors or dirt in the TB. There is talk of a throttle body ECU software update, but I am not sure exactly which cars that refers to.

There is talk of a throttle body ECU software update, but I am not sure exactly which cars that refers to.

There was one for the 1.6 but not to sure if any other model was affected by it..techs might be more in the know on that one though..

There was one for the 1.6 but not to sure if any other model was affected by it..techs might be more in the know on that one though..

Hi Guys,

Its a 1.8 Dyn & No problems what so ever just this error when ever i start the car & the check engine light... may be i need to put a tape on ´
the display just like homer simpson (y)

Any ideas :idea:

MAF location on 1.8 Dyn

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where is the MAF located on 1.8 motor. i want to take it out and give it a good clean.

will post pitcures once done !

Thanks,
A :slayer:

Re: MAF location on 1.8 Dyn

The air flow meter (AFM) which is the hot film type is built into the throttle body.
It has a duct parallel to the main flow which houses the heated filament.
Some of the intake air flow is introduced into the duct and, after passing through, comes out the opposite side, returning to the main flow.
The air mass measured is therefore proportional to the overall mass passing through the flow meter.
To prevent the formation of ice near the throttle or the opening connected to the oil vapour recirculation valve, the throttle body is heated by circulating a small amount of coolant coming from the engine thermostat in a chamber inside the actual body.
so , dismantle throttle valve and take care. the butterfly is the one you should clean. after that, 1min on contact (engine stop), 1 min on stop, then good trip.

Last edited:
MAF where is it ?

Hi Guys,

Here the pucture of an 1.8 from good old 2002. where is the MAF / Butterfly valve located ?

Thanks,

Newbie:idea:

Attachments

• Billede 002_1.jpg
    Billede 002_1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 132
Ok so far i've cleaned the butterfly valve it really did not need a clean but i gave it one anyway...

There is some sort of sensor on top of butterfly valve which i sprayed with the contact cleaner.

i'm still getting the MAF sensor error :cry: the sensor on top of butterfly valve is the one in grey. anyone know what is that & where is MAF located so i can give it a good clean as well ?

Sorry for new thread...

Thanks in advance !

P:S Thanks to Deckchair5 for usefull Guide and attached image !

Attachments

• IDLE1.BMP
    34 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Just to make sure we are on the right page the cables in the red are attached to the sensor on top of the butterfly valve.

Attachments

• Billede 002_2.JPG
    Billede 002_2.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 561
Back