Technical Lumbar Support on Multipls

Currently reading:
Technical Lumbar Support on Multipls

Hello all. Does anybody know if the lumbar support mechanism can be removed from the drivers seat for repair or replacement ? The drivers seat knob is turning without any noticeable difference to support. If so, i cannot find any trace of parts so far. Thanks.

Hello all. Does anybody know if the lumbar support mechanism can be removed from the drivers seat for repair or replacement ? The drivers seat knob is turning without any noticeable difference to support. If so, i cannot find any trace of parts so far. Thanks.
Most seats will come apart with a little patience so as not to damage any clips or fabric etc. I assume yours doesn't have any airbags or other electrical components inside it. If so disconnect battery 30 minutes or so before unplugging any thing and follow any available safety measures. I replaced the passenger seat occupancy sensor on my daughters 2012 Punto Evo without too much hassle.
Parts may be no longer available, but often things can be repaired, I assume none in local scrapyard that you could investigate?
I need to get round to the same job as you on a Skoda Scout 4x4, but may wait for the Spring.;)

diagram of driver seat parts
driver_seat.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. I'm assuming seat does have an airbag set up in some way. Would the lumbar set up still interfere with that when taking apart ?

Thanks for the info guys. I'm assuming seat does have an airbag set up in some way. Would the lumbar set up still interfere with that when taking apart ?
Generally safer to assume it has and disconnect battery according to manufacturers advise on that and wait 30 minutes or so for it to deactivate any thing likely to trigger it, prior to any disconnecting wires etc.
I see from the diagram babay was able to supply it appears to have electric position motor?
Hopefully once all plugs have been safely disconnected and seat out of car you will only be working on the back rest part of seat, so not disturbing anything else.

Generally safer to assume it has and disconnect battery according to manufacturers advise on that and wait 30 minutes or so for it to deactivate any thing likely to trigger it, prior to any disconnecting wires etc.
I see from the diagram babay was able to supply it appears to have electric position motor?
Hopefully once all plugs have been safely disconnected and seat out of car you will only be working on the back rest part of seat, so not disturbing anything else.
Thanks for that.

Back