Styling Lowering

Currently reading:
Styling Lowering

andyf1234

If wanted to lower my punto whats best rype of springs and would you bother with shocks or not.

Its advised not to bother with shocks unless lowering by quite a bit.
Apex are good brand cheaper than others and still good springs. Mate with celica has these and they are great, improved the car by alot

Sam

azzam bet that with a normal punto i am better in corners than yours :cool: :cool:

lowering.... you want to be pretty or to handle?
for the first lower it as you want... for handle MAXIMUM 30mm... (for suspension geometry ;) )

when lowering theres a few factors to take into mind,
do you live in a area full of "sleeping policemans"?
are you after looks or looks + practicality (e.g. handling)?
if no to question 1 and looks = slam it
if yes to question 1 and looks + practicality = 50mm (max) front/rear, this will give the car a nice look while keeping practicality of the car, but bare in mind just go slow on any bumps, dont go flying over them, but that should be common sense to anyone, even when not lowered it can bugger your suspension (eventually!), if you're on a tight budget then opt in for 30mm front/rear, but also remember the punto bum already sits low its just the punto face sits high...
when lowering its all about what you can afford and what you are trying to achieve,dont go crazy and damage your car in the process, think long and hard what you want the results to be like, check out a few punto mk2s on here to get an idea what you want yours to look like, theres plenty on here that have been lowered from subtle lows to full on slams(y)

when lowering theres a few factors to take into mind,
do you live in a area full of "sleeping policemans"?
are you after looks or looks + practicality (e.g. handling)?
if no to question 1 and looks = slam it
if yes to question 1 and looks + practicality = 50mm (max) front/rear, this will give the car a nice look while keeping practicality of the car, but bare in mind just go slow on any bumps, dont go flying over them, but that should be common sense to anyone, even when not lowered it can bugger your suspension (eventually!), if you're on a tight budget then opt in for 30mm front/rear, but also remember the punto bum already sits low its just the punto face sits high...
when lowering its all about what you can afford and what you are trying to achieve,dont go crazy and damage your car in the process, think long and hard what you want the results to be like, check out a few punto mk2s on here to get an idea what you want yours to look like, theres plenty on here that have been lowered from subtle lows to full on slams(y)

you are wrong cause punto geometry is till 3cm of lowering
then the control arms are upside down so the geometry is gone... :cool:

if you notice even kit car punto or s1600 are n't too low but lowered about 20-25mm!!!! which is the best!!!!!

for handling never lower than 30-35mm

you are wrong cause punto geometry is till 3cm of lowering
then the control arms are upside down so the geometry is gone... :cool:

if you notice even kit car punto or s1600 are n't too low but lowered about 20-25mm!!!! which is the best!!!!!

for handling never lower than 30-35mm

wrightyy has 50mm springs on and i believe it has no drawbacks on handling, then theres someone ashjj thats on 50 i think, no drawbacks, ive even test driven a punto with 50mm springs (a close friend of mine) and i took it around the block a few times and the handling was fine, but speed bumps were dreadful:(
i was also told even when lowering, the punto bum raises....

wrightyy has 50mm springs on and i believe it has no drawbacks on handling, then theres someone ashjj thats on 50 i think, no drawbacks, ive even test driven a punto with 50mm springs (a close friend of mine) and i took it around the block a few times and the handling was fine, but speed bumps were dreadful:(

around the block you cant see the handling!!!!!

I've got 50mm on the front and 35 on the back to eliminate the reverse rake that I had before :) Yeahh speadbumps, rail crossings and rough parts of road are obviously bumpier than before but i've got use to going that bit slower when necessary

wrightyy

Dont forget when lowering - check the condition of the track rod ends
Replace really is best as there dirt cheap (£15 for a pair)

And have the tracking redone
Why?

lowering affects the Toe angle, so lowering will either scrub the tyres on the inside/outside

tbh why lower and then not track is seem pointless - its like saying, i've got a used condom that'll do!

Ziggy

Back