Lowering on 18's ?

Currently reading:
Lowering on 18's ?

G

Gav

Can anyone tell me how far you can sensibly lower on 18's and how much work is needed, ie. arch rolling etc ?
Also, is there a safe way to lower a small amount or are you just stuck with whatever the minimum off the shelf kits are ?

Cheers

Gav.

I think PaulR went 60mm, but then he does have nice adjustable coilovers and afaik he did a bit or archwork too.
Only problem is its recommended you dont go wider than a 7.5" tyre, though 8" i think fits with spacers? check that before you quote it though. Anyway, the catch is that you seriously compromise your tyre contact with the road by going so big but staying as narrow as 7.5" and its also hard to find 18's with a 7.5" diameter

Buzz (formerly LightWarrior)
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
Owner of the Bravo 1.8
Member Page

my hgt was dropped 80mm on 18's (although didnt really look it!) and i had to trim the arches with a grinder, roll the rear arch and remove the arch liners alround....i had so much fun doing it that i now have 19"s!lol

Paul R

So we're thinking that if I just go for say 35mm I'll only need to get rid of the arch lips and the liners ?
It all sounds so easy - just got to figure out how to get the front splitter over the speed humps then !

Gav