Styling lower......LOOWWWEEER!

Currently reading:
Styling lower......LOOWWWEEER!

so, she's 40mm down now and i'm already having issues getting over speed bumps etc.

i want to go lower still, so far onlt the engine under tray is hitting the floor, can it be removed without worry of damaging anything? or will i be stuck to the motorway if i go lower?

Cheers

For a road car I wouldn't go any lower. It would only take a brick or something falling off the back of a lorry and blam... you've got a smashed sump and a buggered engine. I've ran over a brick in a tipo and owch.. It caught the underside of the car and ooooh it hurt. Luckily missed the fuel and brake pipes.

I wouldn't go any lower either I'm 40mm on 17"s and my mudguards are already shorter due to being worn down on the road when going quick through dips in the road and when creeping over speed humps!
Any lower and I think I would have to pick all my routes very carefully.

I didn't bother replacing the OEM shocks when I fitted lower springs to my HGT many years ago and absolutely killed the ride. From that experience, it would have to be worth the extra expense to fit matching springs and shocks :)

Back