General Lovely Sunny day today! so what you done with Your Ulysse?

Currently reading:
General Lovely Sunny day today! so what you done with Your Ulysse?

cliky

Well what a lovely day it's been up here (manchester) a lovely sunny day to start spring off with.

I decided to finally get the wiring for my reversing sensors sorted ready to instal my new rear bumper (some previous owner had had a bump and replaced the rear bumper with one with no sensors on and to make matters worse they'd cut the wiring/plug off!).

Got the job done in no time at all - 1hr to strip solder and heat shrink the replacement plug onto the loom (thanks for the connector and rear bumper franc).

As it didn't take as long as I was expecting I decided I'd give the old gal a bit of a clean out (get rid of all the straw that had spilled) so out came the vac and 'back to black' trim cleaner.

whilst doing that I remembered that the rear seats wouldn't tip correctly so I investigated that as well! Culprit found as a badly frayed cable housing.

Also remembered that the BSI reported errors on the wing mirror heaters so checked them out as well, 12v to each mirror - that's a relief. N/S Mirror showing infinite resistance - oh dear, O/S mirror reading OK. That'll be a N/S heated mirror required then!

Also refitted the rear door/boot seal where someone had not fitted it correctly after fitting the tow bar.

so scrappers tomorrow to see if I can find Cable and Mirror!

Back of the old gal nice and clean now.
Clean the front out tomorrow if i get time/weather OK.

Later this week I'll get the bumper sprayed up (looking at the weather for next week, I think I'll be using my mates garage though!).

All in all a damn gooooooood day!:):D

Last edited:
Too busy fitting dishes & aerials today, yesterday was my playday.

fixed reversing sensors on 52 Prestigio & flip up table on back of driver seat, repaired non working washer pump.

replaced rusted back bumper bar on my own 04 Prestigio with nice new one.

Played around with Lexia looking at the options, wonder why the Belgians have a special alarm system??

Last edited:
Well, Just back from scrappers!
Got cable for rear seat, Heated Mirror, Plastic seat trim & a Chromatic rearview mirror!
Only £20 for the lot!:D

Now to get fitting and error clearing:)!!

I always for the auto dimming mirror was standard on the Eleganza as it is on the Prestigio?

I always for the auto dimming mirror was standard on the Eleganza as it is on the Prestigio?

Yep So did I, but I suspect that mine has had a lot of work done (swap outs) for some reason before I got it!

Just found a load of cut wires under drivers seat (poss electric seats?) not looked under Passenger side yet though!

Im' hoping that the wiring is in there for the rear view mirror!

Well just spent the afternoon rubbing down my replacement rear bumper ready for a respray.
Removed reversing sensors from it and reflectors.
Looking better after the rub down.
Start the respray process 2moro!

Spent the day taking out 2.2D engine and stripping chassis ready for scrapping shell.

Got two more to take out tomorrow!

Another nice (weather) day.
Managed to get 2 coats of primer on me rear bumper.

Rub down 2moro and start with the Gloss black.
In between coats I'll be playing with lexia sorting out some error codes!

Well another busy day!

Bumper now sprayed gloss Black!
Seat 'trim plastics' now fitted and seat repairs done!
Fitted (but not wired) my 'Chromatic' mirror
Fitted new O/S Heated mirror.

Went through BSI and cleared 73 ( yes 73) error codes!

rebooted now only got 3!

2 on injection syst - further investigation req.
1 on reversing sensors - what do you expect I ain't fitted em yet, there on the bumper!

Well busy day ahead of me today! hoping to get chance to fit my bumper but lots of other 'bits' to do first.

Hoping my HID Conversion kits will turn up soon so I can convert my headlights!

Update later if i get owt done!

Well, Bumper fitted and calibrated all sensors working A-OK!
Spry job on it looks pretty good to (even if i say so myself).
Only issue I had fitting it was the fact that i have a tow bar fitted and this made things a little awkward!

Now I just need my HIDs to turn up!!

Back