General LOST TIME

Currently reading:
General LOST TIME

Factseeker

Hi All,

The Car is a Doblo Diesel MultiJet 1.9 2005. All going well.

Strange thing just started up in that every time I start the Engine the Time resets to Zero.

The display is very sinmple - just Mileage and Time.

As I turn the Ignotion Key the display blanks out for a second or so as the Starter Motor engages.

The Car starts very well - the Mileage re-appears correctly but the Time is reset at Zero.

Wondered if Battery getting old - not enough power when starting for Display - but fact is Engine turns very well - no other symptoms of dodgy Battery.

Anyone out there and suggestions. Grateful to hear.

Best Rgds

I am not familiar with the Doblo, but on a Ducato of similar age the main chassis earth point is located under the battery, and made by a flag terminal on the negative cable, which continues to a starter stud to become the engine block earth. The flag terminal will not be carrying starter motor current, but it will be in the circuit for anything not earthed via the engine block, including the clock.

If the Doblo earthing is similar, perhaps try the dimming headlights test, then if dimming is severe, investigate main chassis earth point.

I am not familiar with the Doblo, but on a Ducato of similar age the main chassis earth point is located under the battery, and made by a flag terminal on the negative cable, which continues to a starter stud to become the engine block earth. The flag terminal will not be carrying starter motor current, but it will be in the circuit for anything not earthed via the engine block, including the clock.

If the Doblo earthing is similar, perhaps try the dimming headlights test, then if dimming is severe, investigate main chassis earth point.
Hi, Thnxs so much - got that - at it first thing tomorrow - rain permitting. ;o((
Give it the headlights this evening - just after typing this.

Hi, Very little dimming of Headlights at start up - so will start at checking all earth points - thnxs for guidance.

But not today ;o)) >> Pouring down.
Best Rgds

Back