Technical Loss of power at higher speeds

Currently reading:
Technical Loss of power at higher speeds

The one on the box can be a pig to get to, nothing to stop
you adding a extra one from the battery earth to a accessible
bolt on the engine or box, if you have some jump leads you
could try connecting one from battery earth to a good point
again on the engine or box, but do make sure you are on
the right connections, see if that changes anything.
Okay i could try the jump lead to a good earth point if the car does the same thing where it won't crank. As long as the car gets me from A to B, I can live with the esp hill holder error. My father in law will come to visit us in January, he has great mechanical knowledge and will help me out. Fingers crossed it last till then.
However if i do solve the issue, I will update the thread for whoever might benefit from it

Bad earth to chassis? But loss of power, well could be a little bit clogged VVT solenoid. You could clean that/those.

When was the cambelt last changed? :unsure:

Bad earth to chassis? But loss of power, well could be a little bit clogged VVT solenoid. You could clean that/those.

When was the cambelt last changed? :unsure:
Cambelt was changed last year, around 20k kilometers ago :) I took out the brake light sensor 2 days ago, gave it some contact spray and the esp hill holder error has not returned as of yet. However i don't want to celebrate too early.
To clean the VVT solenoids, will i have to physical remove them? Or is there an easier way to do this?
Best Regards

VVT solenoids are on the valve cover and you need to open small hex bolt to get it off. See youtube videos for it, use brake cleaner to clean the solenoid screens. Beware, it's a little messy.

VVT solenoids are on the valve cover and you need to open small hex bolt to get it off. See youtube videos for it, use brake cleaner to clean the solenoid screens. Beware, it's a little messy.
Appriciate it! I will give it a look :)

Back