Looking into bravos

Currently reading:
Looking into bravos

E

eddie

Hi all, im new and looking into a bravo 80sx.

Just wondered what they are like day to day running economy wise etc...

are there any common faults or problems.

Also recently found out my other half is pregnant so will behaving a little one too, what are they like day to day with cars seats etc...

Cheers eddie

they are good cars, have common faults like all models that are coming upto 10 years old (and older) can I ask why you are going for a bravo and not a brava? Child seats will go in a bravo however you will soon get tired of putting the little one in and out of the back.

stephen01

My Sis-in-law bought a nice 'X' plate Brava80SX last December as her first car, (one owner, low miles, FFSH) and despite her learner-type abuse, it has proved stylish, reliable, economical and usefully just big enough to be a 'proper' family car.

Read the 'Buyer's Guide' on here and then try and get a good pre-2001 'Y' reg version, (to save a bit on road tax every year...)

I've got a late 1999 SX80 for sale... Just recently had the cambelt done which is probably the most important part. Load of other good stuff too.

im with stephen and carroll,if you got a family Get a brava :) there are some nice tidy looking ones around.
I was looking at a white brava with 17's multispokes,but had a bump to the front to which put me off but other than that was a clean car

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with Working Steering Wheel Controls :)
and fully alarmed up!

dont like the look of the rear of a brava but really like the looks of a bravo, currently got a 1.6 tigra which is going to prove a pain in the backside for pram etc.. as the boot isnt that big.

Cheers for the replys, what are bravos like maintenance and parts cost wise.

How much have you got yours advertised for alex?

trying to get used to the forum :lol: not like forums i usually use.

Cheers Eddie

hi alex just had a look at yours, seems expensive compared to others i have seen advertised nice colour though

Fair point, I was never really expecting to get that much for it, but i'm in no rush to sell as I've got another car so i thought i would just try it. As someone looking to buy one, what would you expect to pay?

also just checked your postcode from the advert an you are a good 200 miles away which is a bit far i wouldnt want to travel.

As for price wise i would look to pay it would really depend what i would get for the tigra or possibility of a swap

Blimey quite a distance yeah! Well good luck selling your car/buying a new one, cheers for your thoughts.

you dont like the rear of a brava?? are you mad, lol :)

tarm2002_1065037812_brava_05o.jpg

I had a little girl when i had my brava and I must say it performed very well, the only thing it was missing was Air Con if it had had A/C I would have still had the car today!

stephen01

PIC_0085-1-2.jpg

i cant believe you wont get one cos you dont like the look of the rear of the car,thats mad lol

my new daily drive focus is a very light met green (not the best of colour lol) as i was after silver,black or white.but hey it came up at a good price and has 5 doors and a big boot, Jobs a good un :)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

how about a marea, they are excellent family cars and can be alot of fun with the right bits

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

Thanks for all your comments so far guys.

A marea would be too big for what we are after.

Love the looks of the bravo and also with it being small, will also be considering a brava too.

What are bravo's and brava's like for modifying.

Are parts from the marea and coupe able to swap onto the bravo, such as coupe wheels or clocks from a marea etc...

Also not sure if possible a friend has tan leather from an alfa in his punto not sure if they would fit similar into a bravo or brava, tried a search but not alot came up

you should look at the marea saloon same size as the brava just with a boot if the weekend is to big

and yes the wheels from a coupe fit look at my sig pic
there are a few things that fit like rear disc conversion from coupe to bravo/a marea its only the hgt's and the marea 20v & 2.4jtd's that come with rear discs as standard a common modification amongst the boo forum and of course mine

my marea weekend was a standard 1.6sx when i got it 2 years ago
and was like this
Image0691.jpg

and now
DSC00372.jpg

and with 7 seat conversion to

so there is plenty of mods that can be done you just need to browse this site or ask questions and have the money there are plenty of people on here that are happy to give information

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx 7 SEATER
current mileage: 51200
Bigger is
much better

JAN10-1-1.jpg

Another mot done 5 mots and no advisories the old girl is looking good

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

pretty much anything from a coupe/marea will fit the brava too as its the same car as a bravo with a different rear.Such as marea poly lights,marea armrest.Marea leathers (i think) Then coupe wheels etc.

I quite like the Marea saloon tbh,it would look cool in black with tints and multispokes ;)

mikey_sig2.jpg

Cheers guys for answering my questions, just a waiting game now for someone to buy the tigra or for an offer of a bravo/brava

so all things from a marea/coupe can be swapped over, i take there has never been a coupe dash and clocks into a bravo or just coupe clocks

so all things from a marea/coupe can be swapped over, i take there has never been a coupe dash and clocks into a bravo or just coupe clocks

it depends what really as theres not much to have apart from whats mentioned above,like lights,armrest rear discs etc
Not seen a coupe dash and clocks in a bravo/a