General Longest/craziest trip ever in a classic 500

Currently reading:
General Longest/craziest trip ever in a classic 500

Gev

Hi, new to the forum! Not new to owning a 500...

Just starting some research into the most extreme journeys ever taken in a classic 500 and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any wild accounts/stories?

Thanks in advance!

I believe a couple of Italians drove a 500 from Italy to China! The 'Axel Gerstl' site often has stories of extreme trips in a 500

Reactions: Gev
Just starting some research into the most extreme journeys ever taken in a classic 500 and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any wild accounts/stories?

The most impressive trip I have read is around the world in a 500: :worship:

https://next-horizon.org/expeditions/around-the-world-in-a-fiat-500/

Recently a very brave and slightly wild Italian has been travelling in winter through some very cold and remote areas of Russia and adjoining countries. He has had to interrupt this because of Covid-19. :worship:

https://www.500clubitalia.it/en/not...aggio-di-michele-squeri-una-500-in-kazakistan

Had it not been for the same virus, next month I would have been driving to Northern Ireland from Scotland.....not quite in the same league eh? :D

Reactions: Gev
Welcome to the forum. New user = picture of your car please!

Rob

aha of course! 1971 500L, a little rough around the edges at the moment but was my first car at 17 and a daily driver for 2 years!

fiat.jpg

The most impressive trip I have read is around the world in a 500: :worship:

Recently a very brave and slightly wild Italian has been travelling in winter through some very cold and remote areas of Russia and adjoining countries. He has had to interrupt this because of Covid-19. :worship:

Had it not been for the same virus, next month I would have been driving to Northern Ireland from Scotland.....not quite in the same league eh? :D

Ah thanks for the links! I was hoping there had been a well documented around the world trip.

Ahah that sounds like a good trip nonetheless, I hope you manage to get it done in the not too distant future when everything has settled down.

Back