Local Product

Currently reading:
Local Product

Retired and live in Italy and needed a 2nd car suited to the narrow roads here. After 50 years driving bought my first Fiat back in July. A 2005 Seicento 1.1. 2 owner, 56k. no frills, keep fit steering and windows.
Impressed how nippy it is and just the job for local shopping etc. However engine light came on so I am looking for any advice. Its showing me 3 codes :pOII5,P0300 and U1600, Car runs fine, no misfire, no starting problems, no overheating. I read that P0115 is engine temp sensor. Just wondered if this a common fault with the temp sensor and what I should be checking before I start buying replacement parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Expat! Welcome to the FIAT forums.

After identifying the sensor, I'd have a good look at the wiring to it - could be a corroded connector. If there's nothing obvious it could be the sensor is failing.
My own limited experience of a failing/failed sensor however, is that it put the cooling fan on.

Thanks Expat!

I've been here since 1999 when I left the RAF - seemed a reasonably well placed town to reach the likes of Heathrow Birmingham Coventry etc for work.

The U is a communication error..

So could make any other 'error' seem a little vague

Tough little cars.. plugs and leads would be 1st purchase for me.. after checking the airfilter

Coolant and oil levels should always be studied regularly with a new purchase ;)

Does the heaters air get HOT..?

Charlie

Last edited:
Back