Loading photos

Currently reading:
Loading photos

The Beard

Prominent member
This will doubtless be a very simple question for those who know a little about the subject, but to someone who stumbles about a computer with all the speed and dexterity of a stunned three-toed sloth it's all a little confusing.

I've stuck the memory card from my digital camera, a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB thingy into the slot in't computer and clicked on Import Pictures. It has done so successfully, but they've all gone into a specific titled folder, despite also being listed as "Recently Imported".

When I've tried to drag the images into the folder I want them in, instead of just showing the name of the folder as normal, it shows "Dogs Property" instead of just "Dogs", as an example. Not only that, but the image also stays in its original folder as well as moving to the new one.

When I tried to delete the image in its original folder, the one I've moved is also deleted.

Suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong please.

What Operating system is it you have?

It could be that the folder you have the original images in has 2 locations - both locations are the same folder. Go into the properties of the folder and check its location, and if its a shortcut (eg in the start menu) make sure its pointing to the correct location.

I think anyway, hope that helps.(y)

What Operating system is it you have?

It could be that the folder you have the original images in has 2 locations - both locations are the same folder. Go into the properties of the folder and check its location, and if its a shortcut (eg in the start menu) make sure its pointing to the correct location.

I think anyway, hope that helps.(y)
It's Windows Vista Home Premium. I think I may have found the problem as it would appear, although how I didn't notice this last night I don't know, but it would seem that the folder they weren't moving from was the Windows Gallery. Does that mean they don't move but always stay they were while also turning up in the folder you want them.....if that makes sense. Anyway, I know what I mean.

I think I know what you mean. lol. But yeah that is the sort of thing I meant, the files are actually in two locations and are actually linked to each other, a pain in the ars3 I know, but the only way I found to get rid of the problem is to change the folder settings so that it has multiple file types stored in it, the Windows leaves it alone. :)

Back