Styling little paint job, wheels springs.

Currently reading:
Styling little paint job, wheels springs.

spampebs

MJET Muscle!
I have a spare rear bumper bottom, that has the cut out for the exhaust, and basically I aS thinking of spraying it the same colour as my car, and then getting a custom cat back with an oval tail piece. This sound like a good plan? Also these wheels are in the pipeline.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/17_I..._with_225_45_17_YR_Toyo_Proxes_T1-R__P1205_28

And it will also be getting lowered ever so slightly, looking for a 20mm drop.

What we think

Sounds good! Those alloys look nice. I'm also thinking of changing my wheels and exhaust. Already got a custom built backbox/tips and centre silencer delete, but it has this strangely tinny, whooshing noise when the car is flying along at full boost.
Sometimes sounds good, sometimes doesn't and it annoys me because of the inconsistency, so I bought a bigass cherrybomb glasspack thing for like £20. I'm thinking of removing the backbox, and putting the cherrybomb where the centre silencer was and just have straight pipe out the back. I know cherrybombs are pretty cheap and nasty things but they can sometimes sound damn good.
Just not sure if it's gonna make the tinny turbo whoosh better or worse :p

Last edited:
I had a really loud exhaust on my old rover 200vi, and it drove me insane, it wax already on so I left it on, but I'd never intentionally do it again lol I put a cat back on my mg zt granted it was a 2.5v6 so it sounded nice anyway but with the custom cat back from mij exhausts it sounded unreal, I guess what I'm trying to say is I've learnt volume isn't everything, just a good quality set of pipes can get a gorgeous tone that makes people think "dam that sounds good" instead of "all blow no go again" not that I ever hope to get anything remotely nice sounding out the back of the diesel dog, its purely an asthetic job unfortunately

y do u want to put cheap crap on a nice car, especially a turbo, if u do the exhaust wrong and cheap, u run the risk of damaging the turbo. go for a ss full system, then u will at least have some sort of guarantee, or buy an off the shelf part designed for the car. those wheels are nice though.

y do u want to put cheap crap on a nice car, especially a turbo, if u do the exhaust wrong and cheap, u run the risk of damaging the turbo. go for a ss full system, then u will at least have some sort of guarantee, or buy an off the shelf part designed for the car. those wheels are nice though.

Cheap crap lol its a custom built stainless cat back, that if I want I can stand and watch them make it.

You may need to watch the offset on those wheels. It may be a tad high without spacers if they are ET45.

No idea what that means pal sorry you'll have to enlighten me

No idea what that means pal sorry you'll have to enlighten me

Its how far in the arches the wheels sit. Higher the offset, the further in the arches they sit. Ideally you want it to be 35, as this is standard offset. However, if they are around 45 as it states they may be in the webpage, they would sit 10mm further inside the arches (ie closer to the suspension components). If this is the case, you may end up clipping the wheel on the arch liners or suspension parts.

The only way to get around this would be 10mm spacers, to bring an offset (ET means offset) 45 wheel back to an ET35 wheel.

Hope you understand now :)

Well I am aware that the cherrybomb isn't the best option, but it's basically just a resonated straight pipe so it's not really going to do the turbo any more damage than my current set-up.

Back