General Little help?

Currently reading:
General Little help?

bablakeracer

Does a Cinquecento SX (900) have a remappable ECU? I have been asking around and nobody seems to know. I also wanted to know if there are any known high capacity fuel injection systems available that will mate to the 900 engine

Thanks for any assistance
Nathan

Yeah was talking about new injection, am not into serious modding, just want that little extra kick when I try to get the power down, got any suggestions for the best way to get a bit more from a 0.9? lol! Working to a budget, so 1242 is not an option right now

Thanks

bablakeracer said:
Yeah was talking about new injection, am not into serious modding, just want that little extra kick when I try to get the power down, got any suggestions for the best way to get a bit more from a 0.9? lol! Working to a budget, so 1242 is not an option right now

Thanks
well what injection system were you expecting to get on a budget? lol
search around the forum for loads of threads on cinq modding.then you can post up your ideas for opinions

On the Mk2 Cinqs (Red Key), the 16F ECU is used on both the 899cc and the 1108cc.

The very early Mk1 Punto use the 6F ECU (As the Cinq does on the Mk1 899cc) on the 55 and the 60 engine. That means the only thing that varies between the ECUs in those cars (Mk1 899cc Cinq, Punto Mk1 1108cc and 1242cc) is the mapping.

Those ECUs can be remapped using the correct hardware...but not many people have it!. It has to be done by swapping the map chips over.

arseofbox said:
On the Mk2 Cinqs (Red Key), the 16F ECU is used on both the 899cc and the 1108cc.

The very early Mk1 Punto use the 6F ECU (As the Cinq does on the Mk1 899cc) on the 55 and the 60 engine. That means the only thing that varies between the ECUs in those cars (Mk1 899cc Cinq, Punto Mk1 1108cc and 1242cc) is the mapping.

Those ECUs can be remapped using the correct hardware...but not many people have it!. It has to be done by swapping the map chips over.

Sorry to correct you Tom, but some of the early 899 ECU are actually falsh memory, where the memory is built into the processor (have got one of them). These realistically can't be mapped. Otherwise the above information is correct.

Proper induction and proper backbox should be under £300 and give a moderate increase in torque.

Back