List your litany of faults here!

Currently reading:
List your litany of faults here!

I think mine is gonna be a pretty long list too(not including the durable stuff like air filters n stuff):

CinqSX:
New breather hosing
went through 10l of oil
bubbled Dunlop tyre
faulty hazards
broken into which meant a new passenger window,new CD player and replacement of my entire CD collection....that was a bad week
New headlight
just about every bulb in the dash
new aerial
cross threaded spark plugs
broken rear brake shoes
broken wing mirror (slightly my fault:I)

Cinq Sporting:
Bonnet catch is a bit iffy
new radiator
new cooling fan
new water pump
new cooling hosing
new trye
blubs in dash are a bit tempramental

...So far

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

oh the fun ive had with my car.:rolleyes:

1 down pipe burst
2 downpipe fell off
3 downpipe burst 2 weeks afrer being put back on
4 new downpipe and manifold - not a peep put it for just over a 1 and a half now, touch wood.
5 new front discs
6 new head gasket and water pump
7 new front bumper - after a suicidal dog tried to end its life (dog was ok(y) )
and recently
8 new gearbox/clutch
9 new fuel pump and pump reallys (im sure it was just the rellays needing replacing here though)
10 replacing my rear wheel bearing this week

but i still love it

the mk2
1. new ecu (fixed under warrantly)
2. new exhaust
3. new fan bearing

the panda (now gone)
it was my moms for a total of 6 years, the only money spent on it was for servicing ie tyres, plgs etc. this was replaced by a vauxhall astra (booooo), its 1.6 16v engine was a load of poo and it broke so often i used to leave it unlocked and just hoped for someone to come and nick it.

Last edited:
well we fiat owners certanly are a robust lot i think that if it was another car owner who had just bought we would be locking them :bang: away in a padded cell :bang:

Hmmm, interesting to see just how much of my car was f***ed last year :rolleyes: all the below is now sorted, but on the downside...

1. Crack in windscreen (but the sunstrip hides it from the MoT man :D )
2. LED in heated rear screen button doesn't light up - heated screen works though
3. Passenger door lock got broken by thieving scum and is now bunged full of steel putty
4. Rear windscreen washer is blocked up

Still, at least its a shorter list of less severe faults than before :eek:

JonnyBoy said:
My list of Punto 55SX probs...

1. Recurring fault with handbrake light (crap Italian switch)
2. Judder under braking (warped disc methinks)
3. Shafted Lambda sensor
4. MoT failure on track-control arm
5. Exhaust rusted & fell to bits
6. Seal on bootlid keeps falling off (the one that presses on the rear shelf)
7. Headlights are just generally s**te
8. Gearbox died (i.e. no drive to the left wheel!)

Despite all these probs, I'd much rather drive my Punto than any other car of the same size.

I agree Mad Colm it's no wonder you want rid of your car the amount of trouble you've had with it. So far I've had:
Bump strip on rear door drivers side pulling away (now stuck on with Uhu)
Loose handbrake (soon sorted with a spanner)
Bit of juddering (still not sorted, gonna try fuel injector cleaner stuff next)
Broken boot mechanism (Fiat men broke it, see earlier thread)
Headlight bulb gone (sorted)
Rattling windows (still rattling away, been too cold to look at them)

Thassit, I consider myself quite lucky compared to folks who have things go wrong all te time!

Well out of that lot, the bump strip is still pulling away (despite being stuck down with sooper-strength tape when resprayed), the windows are still rattling with music up loud and the rest is fine. Since then however I've had most of the exhaust replaced (some bits more than once), inner CV boot replaced, lambda sensor replaced, coil pack replaced and some other bit went and it was expensive but I can't remember what it was :chin: I've spent more on my car than it's worth in the last six months :D

PNL said:
well we fiat owners certanly are a robust lot i think that if it was another car owner who had just bought we would be locking them :bang: away in a padded cell :bang:
Well I said that my next car definitely wouldn't be a Fiat. Then I bought a Panda! :rolleyes:
H

Back