P1000656.JPG

500 let me introduce........

Introduction

Finally picked up our new bambino today (formerly known as barry now known as "tiddler"
tongue.gif
).
Can't thank Mark n Matt at vospers st austell who have made a great effort to make ammends for the original cock up. The car came with a full tank of fuel, mats & mark even gave me a red key cover soooooo well chuffed. Done a few miles with the new member of our family and am delighted with our final spec choice.

So far averaging around 46mpg so not too bad and has ample space in the back for the girls
smile.gif

Its been a great day and nice finally to get our hands on the car we've been waiting so long for. Once again a big thanks to Vospers of st austell who i would highly recommend to anyone (y).

I've attached a few pic's

Cheers

Yoshi :woot:

Ps (really pleased with the number plate surrounds
biggrin.gif
).
Yoshi,

So pleased you finally laid your hands on Tiddler. I've been following your threads with ulmost interest.

My 500 has arrived at last but I can't lay my hands on it until next week pending approval from DVLA. This is due to a cherished plate transfer from current car to 500 which is taking a while (7-10 days they said)

Having waited 15 weeks, I think I can just about cope with another week's waiting.

Enjoy Tiddler and all the best

Very, very smart. Liking it a lot, and I don't (didn't) like red cars. Now I don't know what to think...this is a lovely deep, rich red.

There is a red one in 'my' showroom, and I am attrated to that too, but I love the yellow:confused:

Can you answer me, please; why did you go for the Sport and then add chrome? I am thinking of the Sport to avoid the chrome - or was it to avoid the ivory ambiance, which I rather like?:eek:

I think they'll be taking me in soon because I can't make up my mind at all over the ivory/non-ivory, the seats - I love the check Lounge ones - chrome - no, not really - chrome knob - I love that, and so it goes on ... oh, is that a blue light:cry::cry:

Very, very smart. Liking it a lot, and I don't (didn't) like red cars. Now I don't know what to think...this is a lovely deep, rich red.

There is a red one in 'my' showroom, and I am attrated to that too, but I love the yellow:confused:

Can you answer me, please; why did you go for the Sport and then add chrome? I am thinking of the Sport to avoid the chrome - or was it to avoid the ivory ambiance, which I rather like?:eek:

I think they'll be taking me in soon because I can't make up my mind at all over the ivory/non-ivory, the seats - I love the check Lounge ones - chrome - no, not really - chrome knob - I love that, and so it goes on ... oh, is that a blue light:cry::cry:

1st of all thanks for all your kind comments its much appreciated (y). If I could of gotten tiddler into the living room last night then I would of (instead of staring out of the bedroom window for nearly an hour taking in all of the great design details).

For those of you still waiting, all I can say is that is well well worth the wait & will hopefully exceed your expectations.

To answer the above question: I went for the sport because i really did'nt like the lounge interior with the red. If it was a cha cha or jive or black (the more retro colours) then it looks great but we prefered the more sporty style seats & the wife loved the spoiler, blacked out rear windows etc (bit of a girl racer ;)) Also with 2 young daughters we were worried that the ivory interior would be more open to abuse from me maids.
As for the chrome I am a great fan of it on ALL the darker coloured cars, trust me it really does add to the overall look. I mean even audi on the RS range of cars add chrome to the mirrors so chrome can be sporty. i did'nt go for the a bar in the end as i felt that was again a more retro addition and we wanted a more "sporty" looking bambino.

No choice is right or wrong, its about being individual and thats what great about the new 500 :wave:.

Cheers gora go...got to try n wrestle the keys away from the wife :p

Yoshi

Last edited:
Yoshi! Great to see your car, think it looks amazing and Love the chrome and sport mix! What did your tother half think to the number plate? if I remember right it was going to be a surprise??
Looks fantastic btw:D Enjoy driving Tiddler :)

i went for a sport with chrome just so i got the strip below the side windows ( as this part is factory fit only ) i may change the bumper chrome although you can't realy tell they are chrome against the white..

nice car yoshi

Rossi back on top whoop whoop

Last edited:
Yoshi! Great to see your car, think it looks amazing and Love the chrome and sport mix! What did your tother half think to the number plate? if I remember right it was going to be a surprise??
Looks fantastic btw:D Enjoy driving Tiddler :)

Well when i pulled up in "tiddler" the 1st thing she noticed was the italian wing badges (which she did'nt want :confused:) but i had put on anyway ;). It took her about 5 mins to clock the plate and then she was gob smacked (for once :D) but well chuffed!! We've had a great weekend so far, & i've got tomorrow off so time to give "tiddler" a bath. Just a quick question...what do you use to clean up the chrome? I have all my new cleaning kit ready and was'nt too sure about the chrome tho :confused:.

Catch you all soon & thanks again for all your positive comments & support..... happy 500 d'ing :wave:

Yoshi

PS Congrats to valentino rossi today........true & utter genius :worship:

Last edited:
Back