Styling LED Problem.

Currently reading:
Styling LED Problem.

OllyT

Hey Hey.

I own a black 56 plate grande punto. I recently purchased a set of LED sidelights from halfords and attempted to fit them the other day.
I very soon learnt that LED lights only work one way round in the connector so i put them both round the correct way and thats where i found my problem.

When i attatched one light it worked fine, but as soon as i attatched the seccond bulb i had a slight issue. the bulbs both went very dim and started flickering, even when i turn off the power to my car the bulbs are still on but are still dim and flickering... i tried to use the bulbs on my numberplate lights and had the same problem.

Does anyone have a solution or an explanation to this problem?

Thank you

OllyT

You should have searched the forum before you ask this as it's been covered millions of times mate(y)

Simply the grande punto has a bulb failure warning system that tells you when a bulb isn't working. Only for side lights and numberplate lights.

An led uses alot less power than a standard bulb so the system thinks the bulb isn't working and shuts power to the sidelights. That explains why they both don't work.

You should have bought a CANBUS smd led bulb designed to fool your bulb detection system. These bulbs will work in your sidelights and numberplate lights but you will still have an error light on the dash.

Newer Grandes have a different system which has full compatibility with CANBUS led smd bulbs with no error at all.

You can wire in resistors to allow your ones youve got to work. However I'd recommend buying the bulbs I suggested. Alot less hassle

Last edited:
Back