Technical LED headlight replacement

Currently reading:
Technical LED headlight replacement

ChrisSim

I previously installed an LED light bar to my 2008 Scudo .
I used the existing "driving light" wiring and an over ride switch for the driving light,and all worked properly.
I then decided to upgrade the halogen bulbs in the headlights to LEDs for better lighting.
Now I have a problem that maybe somebody can help with and I will summarise to keep the story short.
1---Light bar disconnected and-- OVERRIDE switch in Off position.
--Turn Headlights on-Lights come on as High beam(HB) both Left & Right. cannot get Low Beam (LB)
-Activate HB switch - nothing happens as both lights are already on HB

Light bar disconnected and --OVERIDE switch in ON position
--Turn headlights on -Left hand side headlight (LHS) comes on as HB Right hand side (RHS) comes on as LB
-Activate HB switch--RHS goes to HB - LHS remains as HB
---Switching off headlights- HB " flasher" works normally in both above instances
2---Light Bar connected and-- Override switch in Off position.
--Turn Headlights on-Lights come on as High beam(HB) both Left & Right. cannot get Low Beam (LB)
-Activate HB switch - nothing happens as both lights are already on HB
Light Bar connected and --OVERIDE switch in ON position
--Turn headlights on -Left hand side headlight (LHS) comes on as HB Right hand side (RHS) comes on as LB
-Activate HB switch--RHS goes to HB - LHS remains as HB
---Switching off headlights- HB " flasher" works normally in both above instances.
The overide switch to the light bar seems to have the same effect whether the light bar is connected or not.
I did reconnect the halogens to ensure all relays were functioning properly , and they did , All switches worked as intended
If all else fails It will be an auto electrician or revert back to Halogens.
Any constructive ideas out there

Fixed.I Need to answer my own question . Purchased and fitted a CANBUS decoder . This fixed the problem above . Now all lights work as normal and the lights are bright and useful. Recomend LEDs to anyone with weak lights but you may need a CANBUS decoder . A very inexpensive fix.

Back