Technical LCD led illumination

Currently reading:
Technical LCD led illumination

Fylor

Hi all, I have 2009/10 Abarth Grande Punto and lcd on dash has gone dark. It is possible to faintly see data on it and when side lights are switched on it illuminated fine for a time but now that seems to be dimming. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I am assuming the LEDs behind the lcd display are going. All my internet searches only talk about kits to change colour etc. I am trying to confirm two things. What colour are the original LEDs? And are they push fit exchange or soldered in? Any help much appreciated. Cheers

its not just simple LED's its a backlight for the display, you should be able to switch it out the display with either a punto or a bravo one depending on the exact year and spec of the car cause I know they made a few different displays for those

Hi, many thanks for the reply. I understood this was the back of the circuit board with LCD illumination leds circled in yellow but I didn’t know if they were soldered or push fit. I sort of gathered they were probably white and there was an orange film/filter that gave the colour on the display.
Seems from what you say I won’t really know what it is without dismantling the dash?

Attachments

• IMG_0605.png
    IMG_0605.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 16
Back