DSC00156.JPG

Cinquecento £50 Cinq Sporting

Introduction

Bought this cinq for £50 at the end of March from a guy at work. No MOT or tax so I first thought do it up and sell it, as its quite low milage, just over 59K. But..seeing as i wanted one last summer but couldnt find one, i thought id keep it :D

Things iv'e spent on it:
New handbrake cable
New rear engine mount
Head gasket set
And general clean up and service

Also some great big Spot lamps :D and ive painted the rocker cover red

Things i hope to get done, induction kit/pancake filter, exhaust, just small things realy.
Yup, ive only spent about £50-£75 on it so far, should be getting a test on it soon, after ive finnished the work. Biggest thing now is the hole about an inch and a half in the boot. What kinda fix will it need? Just a plate over it or properly fixing it? as it is quite near the seatbelts...well saying that the rear boot lid is near the seatbelts lol

Got a pic of the hole today, sorry about the poor pic, camera was abit slow, so whats the best way to fix it you recon? bit closer to the seatbelt mounts than i rememberd as well

And finaly finished replacing the head gasket and put the mud flaps :D

Attachments

• DSC00304.JPG
    DSC00304.JPG
    808 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00306.JPG
    DSC00306.JPG
    591.2 KB · Views: 34
Got a pic of the hole today, sorry about the poor pic, camera was abit slow, so whats the best way to fix it you recon? bit closer to the seatbelt mounts than i rememberd as well

And finaly finished replacing the head gasket and put the mud flaps :D

grind all the rust off and either weld a plate in the hole or resin it, make sure all the rust is off otherwise its pointless really:p

good little buy for £50 well done(y)

I tak it wont be an issue when the MOT comes into it then? because it hasnt got one,and its quite near the back seats

how many inches is it away from the seat belt bolts? and as long as theres no holes its no problem, you can super glue a piece of cardboard over the hole and slap some filler over it and spray it and it would pass MOT.

Last edited:
how many inches is it away from the seat belt bolts? and as long as theres no holes its no problem, you can super glue a piece of cardboard over the hole and slap some filler over it and spray it and it would pass MOT.

Not shure to be honest sorry, but in the pic you can see the rear seat brakects, im not shure how far that is from the seat belt bolts. There is a hole there to, ive just taped over it to stop more water getting to it. So just get some filler and itll be fine?

Not shure to be honest sorry, but in the pic you can see the rear seat brakects, im not shure how far that is from the seat belt bolts. There is a hole there to, ive just taped over it to stop more water getting to it. So just get some filler and itll be fine?

yes will be fine, i wouldnt make it too obvious lol but mot testers can only check theres no holes, they cant start taking paint off and checking its metal etc lol

didnt get keys with it either so ill try that tomorow thanks. Need something instead of the standerd and need to find out why only the rear speakers work for some reason. And it dosent have an ariel so i cant even listen to the radio!!

Well...better update this!

After i changed the Head Gasket i came unpon a lot of problems.

First of all couldnt get the car to run properly, mis firing and backfiring through the throttle body. The problem, the bottom pully was not on the right way as i didnt know it only went on one way, so got that sorted!

Next thing, once it started it started emptying its water all over the garage! This took me absalutely ages to find, it was leaking in to places, first from the thermostat housing, need some red hermatite or something it was called to go round the paper gasket. Second place it was leaking was entrierly my fault, i handt tightend the botton two bolts for the throttle body, wwwps. Id hand tightend them and forgot about them.:bang:

So today found that out, tightend them and hey presto its not leaking any more!...well except from the thermostat!

Some putcharses ive done recently are another set of wheels, with Yoko tyres! :D Cheers Grant! (y)

Anyway, it wont be on the road untill christams now as im going to Uni un Swansea and the cinq will be at home in the garage!

Last edited:
Back