£452.38p.........

Currently reading:
£452.38p.........

.......is the price ive been quoted to have my UT gearbox rebuilt!

thats why my resto projects come to a hault! lol

im reluctant to chuck another £500 odd quid at it at the mo, plus then getting it setup which is another £150! plus i gotta find time to do it all which i dont have at the mo!

BOOOOOOOOOOOO to owning a uno turbo!

Dunc

Look around bruv, you'll find it cheaper, suprisingly a lot of car work seems to be done cheaper in London, the home of extortion. But I guess its because all the garages have Competition and lots of it.

Well, there's a few crop up on Ebay every now and then if you want to take a chance. Must admit a rebuild for a 5 speed manual box £452 sounds rather steep to me. Have you tried to get some quotes from elsewhere? Isn't the UT box based on a Tipo box anyway so isn't exactly exotic? It's not exactly as if it's loaded with LSD and stuff!

antsuno2

I didnt know it had a shorter gear on 1500cc x19, but it will still go to 130 mph lol how fast do you want, and he made it for his track car , ie your Ut! you rallyslag!! i have a spare mint gearbox as i bought 2 Ut'S, one as a donor which has proved very useful, theres still a few about good luck Ant!

Gav F

Stripped
surely a second hand UT gearbox is better?
you could save yourself that 38p..... lol

I think Deepesh used a translator to convert from his native language to English. He's saying that he hopes Dunc will find a gearbox for his Uno turbo project cheaper than £452.38p :)

Welcome to the Forum Deepesh :wave:

Andy_sx

Dunc, what exactly is it your wanting done, full strip down, bearings replaced and selas and rebuild???

the £450 is a bit of a p***take for that, id shop around fella. if i had the time id offer to do it for u for a few notes and some bevvies, but im flat out atm fella