General £1300 Panda on Ebay

Currently reading:
General £1300 Panda on Ebay

Really? Is that what we are worth now?

PS, my panda is priceless lol

apparently my parade has tripled in price since I bought it then :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note though I know that the seller is a member on here and I don't mean any disrespect, I hope that he does well out of the sale.

Having said that there have been a few discussions on here in the last few months about the general upward spiral of prices of pandas, I just want to come out and say that I don't want the prices to go much higher lest the panda goes the way of the Vw beetle. I.e Only people with a lot of money can buy into them, and prices of parts etc will go up because sellers will see there is a market for people buying spares.

These pandas being sold for what I feel are large sums of money sort of grate with me because I feel they are going against the spirit of the panda. The panda is meant to be cheap to run and maintain utilitarian transport for people who need to get to work, get things done, and have fun too. Making them into cars only the rich people can buy into is bastardising the concept and is an insult to the original brief and design of the panda.

As I said I mean no harm to the seller by this, and its only fair that they or anyone else can ask what they think the car is worth, but as usual the market will decide eventually, we all know how much of a panda go round ebay is, even if this panda is as solid as it looks, which I suspect it is :)

I just don't want people like me who have massive nostalgia about these cars to be priced out the game is all.

I don't think that's too far off to be honest, looks a good one, so assuming it goes for an offer somewhere over the grand fair enough. It's still not exactly E type territory is it! When young drivers are paying 2 or 3 times that just for insurance you can't call it an expensive car yet.

I don't think that's too far off to be honest, looks a good one, so assuming it goes for an offer somewhere over the grand fair enough. It's still not exactly E type territory is it! When young drivers are paying 2 or 3 times that just for insurance you can't call it an expensive car yet.

It's all relative I guess, I paid £550 for my parade two years ago, and got my Sisley for a £50 charity donation and the transport fee too, although as far as Sisley's go that is unusual as they are probably the most consistently expensive pandas sold on eBay. Then again my definition of expensive may be different to everyone else. I was speaking more about pandas getting more expensive generally rather than making this one out to be an exception.

I do think the parade being sold does look particularly rust free in the photos, and thats worth a premium if its as solid as it looks. The only "fault" I could pick with it is that it doesn't have the insulation that goes round the heater box and its sides, but that's hardly the worlds biggest deal.

Hello Pandarers!!

Yes, I owned "Jeff" the Parade, and he did go for £1300!
Yes, he was pretty dammed mint too!

I take absolutely no offence, and I hear what you say (and agree too) about it being out of the scope of Pandas, but it's down to market forces...I won't sell it for £500 if I can get £1300 for it and let someone else make a buck.

I had Pandas when I was a kid and could afford zilch, but still got my Italian fix thanks to a Panda, then later on they were my holiday hire car in Italy. In those days an old Panda was usually damp and had a certain aroma - they all did! Now they have fuel injection, and no damp smells!

A 4x4 with bodywork in the same condition would go for £5k, must admit I used to want a mint 4x4, but would then never use it in the winter with all that salt!! So the "twinny" is by far the best, personally speaking!

I am also a huge Alfa fan...if I had bought a 105 series GTV 3 summers ago for £10k, I could earn a very nice wage as it's worth £23k...it is just down to the market I'm afraid.

I also own a "not quite as smart" Panda Colour, I could have sold that for a few quid, but am so attached to it I would burt into tears if it went!
I found it easier to let the mint Parade go....all because I bought a blooming 500 for everyday use on a whim, so the garage is full and something had to go. I know I will never get another Panda as good again!! What have I done??!!

Finally, I am sure you have seen the odd Panda on ebay that is really only fit for the skip go for £200-300.

Happy Pandering!
Andy

£1300 is a good buy for a pretty much mint car, worth more in my opinion, I sold my CLX for £1500 last year and the Parade looked as good if not better than that.

Try restoring a car to that standard and you'll see why it is a good buy, you can't even get a good respray for £1300! Try double that and you'll be somewhere near.

Hello Pandarers!!

Yes, I owned "Jeff" the Parade, and he did go for £1300!
Yes, he was pretty dammed mint too!

I take absolutely no offence, and I hear what you say (and agree too) about it being out of the scope of Pandas, but it's down to market forces...I won't sell it for £500 if I can get £1300 for it and let someone else make a buck.

I had Pandas when I was a kid and could afford zilch, but still got my Italian fix thanks to a Panda, then later on they were my holiday hire car in Italy. In those days an old Panda was usually damp and had a certain aroma - they all did! Now they have fuel injection, and no damp smells!

A 4x4 with bodywork in the same condition would go for £5k, must admit I used to want a mint 4x4, but would then never use it in the winter with all that salt!! So the "twinny" is by far the best, personally speaking!

I am also a huge Alfa fan...if I had bought a 105 series GTV 3 summers ago for £10k, I could earn a very nice wage as it's worth £23k...it is just down to the market I'm afraid.

I also own a "not quite as smart" Panda Colour, I could have sold that for a few quid, but am so attached to it I would burt into tears if it went!
I found it easier to let the mint Parade go....all because I bought a blooming 500 for everyday use on a whim, so the garage is full and something had to go. I know I will never get another Panda as good again!! What have I done??!!

Finally, I am sure you have seen the odd Panda on ebay that is really only fit for the skip go for £200-300.

Happy Pandering!
Andy

Cheers for understanding mate, glad you did well out of it, and it did look exceptionally rust free.

Well, if someone was prepared to pay £1300 for it then there is a good chance they will look after it
I can’t believe I’ve had Jeff for over 9 years! It’s still going strong!
Well, if someone was prepared to pay £1300 for it then there is a good chance they will look after it

Attachments

• IMG_9421.png
    IMG_9421.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
Back