Technical Lack of Power

Currently reading:
Technical Lack of Power

lifes a bitch

Hi I have a Fiat Scudo TW200 2007 I have a problem with acceleration ,foot to the floor and not going anywhere. put diagnostic on it and 1 fault came up P0299 Turbo/supercharger underboost which i think means turbo's not kicking in but its a new turbo only 2 months old and its not a recon either . Has anyone got any ideas or had the same problem

Possibly intercooler vacuum hoses have sprung a leak after disturbed fitting new turbo? There is a "fuel pipe size" one that connects to the turbo switch just to left below battery that's often suspect. Try permanently operating switch temporarily and see if it makes a difference

:bang:Still havent cured this lack of power and still code P0299 coming up on diagnostic . Has anyone out there had the same problem . Engine management light doesnt come on so I know its not EGR valve . Any ideas !!!!

Hi for those of you needing an update this is still ongoing . Removed brand new Turbo and sent it back to Turbo Active . They sent it to BNT who said theres nothing wrong with the turbo . They sent it back to Turbo Active who wanted £150 to £200 to clean it and put it back together as it was full of carbon . After arguing back and fore for weeks told them to send it back to me which they did . On arrival opened the box which was busted with turbo sticking through . The Turbo was in a plastic bag in bits . Thankfully a guy called Chris from Precision Turbos agreed he would clean it for me put it back together no charge . Turbos back on and working fine . I would just like to say there are good kind people in this world and if anyone knows Chris tell him a huge thank you from me . If anyone is looking to purchase a remanufactured Turbo I would definately recommend Chris from Precision Turbo he talks a lot of sense and very very helpful.
However the code that comes up now is P0490 and P1461 I know what the codes mean but dont know how to fix them Any ideas :bang:

Just to let you know how this was fixed . New EGR valve as recommended by City Electrics . They cleared the codes in vehicle . It was more responsive but still lacking oomph . Another injector had gone changed this now runs like a dream .

Back