Kwik-Fit

Currently reading:
Kwik-Fit

Dont know if they still are but Kwik-fit workers were on a 'work gained' bonus scheme...therefore they 'found' faults on your car.

To be honest I havent been in a kwik-fit garage for............cant remember 16-17 years?

Yup there old illegal tyres, and dying battery's, went in for an exahust mount, they told me i needed a new exahust.... errrm no! Passed its MOT a week later, and was fine, all it needed was new rubbers.

They get ususpecting people in for there 'FREE' winter check etc, dont get me wrong alot of people are driving around with bald tyres etc, and are in need of new tyres, but often they use scare tactics on those who dont really need it to generate extra bussiness. I'd rather pay to have an honest answer, ie Uncle Arnolds Winter check with free goodie bag £10! Although i'd still like to see the problems if there were any. lol. So i can fix them myself!

well my views on kwik-fit have changed a bit today.

On friday i took my car to a local garage (B.A.B Motors) for 2 front tyres (Toyo Proxes T1-R), £105 all in, including valves and balancing.

Well i went and sat in there new waiting room (where you can't actually see the work being done), a young guy came to me and said it's done, i drove off, went on a dual carrageway, as soon as i hit 55ish the steering wheel started vibrating violently, shaking from side to side.

I took it back they re-balanced them (i watched this time as a lad not much older than me (19) did the work), i took it out again better but still not right, went back again, and they didn't really get any better.

So today i thought screw it i'll take it to kiwk-fit, £5.25 per wheel, and they have much newer balancing equipment.

I watched as the guy in kiwk-fit span the wheels up on the machine, and he noticed one had a lot of weights on, and the machine came up with the same error with and without them on, so the weights were just counter balancing each other.

After he'd done he said, "i'll tell you what, take it for a spin, if it's ok, come back and pay us, if not go back to where you had the tyres fitted"

I took it for a spin and all was well, i went back to kwik-fit to pay and i walked in and said they were perfect, and the guy said, "tell ya what mate, i'll let you have this one.

So i can't complain, kwik-fit sorted out someone elses problem, for free :)

was qouted £180 for an exhaust for mk2 punto take it or leave it. they dont know how to do tracking and they are for ever pushing firestones kwik fit blow and suck. better with independants.

Back