General Krucial's Punto Mk2b

Currently reading:
General Krucial's Punto Mk2b

Krucial

So, I should of created this thread back in 2012 when I bought my Punto as my first car... but I've been terribly procrastinating ever since, thus finally forcing myself to do it a month before selling the car to my cousin
cry.gif

It's a Punto MK2b Active Sport 1.2 16v, here's the car stock when I bought it back in 2012 June with 40k on the clock:

punto%20stock_zpsklal1wsv.jpg%7Eoriginal

Over the 2 years and a month I drove the car, I done the following modifications:

Interior:
-Abarth steering wheel badge
-Abarth leather seatbelt pads
-Blue cold cathodes in footwells with switch+fuse
-Blue LED silver metal gearknob
-Single din headunit with trim
-FLi audio component front speakers (crossover+tweeters)
-FLi coaxial rears (custom fitted larger than stock speakers into the same place as the original rears)
-FLi audio twin 12" 2000w sub
-A Pillars sprayed black
-Oil temp and pressure gauges mounted on O/S A-Pillar

Exterior:
-50mm lowering springs
-GSR Induction kit (which I bought off of Jon on the forums here)
-Sportex "race" center pipe
-Sportex center exit twin 3.5" backbox
-Small Sunstrip and 5% limo black tints on rears
-Team Heko wind deflectors
-Debadged grill
-Removed plastic door protector trims
-Rear active sport optional mudflaps
-Abarth wheel center caps
-Abarth boot badge
-Abarth side skirts
-Front calipers painted red with high temp enamel
-Error free LED fogs, sidelight bulbs and dipped beam bulbs (Osram's)
-Inside of headlights sprayed matt black
-A PLUSHY HANGING FROM THE REAR OF THE CAR CUZ THAT'S WUT ALL THE KOOL KIDZ DO AMIRITE!?
devil.gif
slayer.gif

It's now got about 63k on the clock if I recall correctly, and it had numerous work done on it over the 2 years;
2 full services, new sparks, tyres, ht leads, discs&pads, timing belt, drive shafts, cv joints, sump etc.

This is the car as she last stood:
Punto1_zpsgtiqjabd.jpg

Punto2_zpsrugq7x3s.jpg

Punto3_zpsu9giljtx.jpg

Punto4_zpsnzqzttgc.jpg

Punto5_zpsonnmaip8.jpg

Punto6_zpslbl2ejej.jpg

Punto7_zps5sapuahs.jpg

Unfortunately I never got round to spraying my wheels black or tinting the rear tail lights as I was going for a stealthy look. Was tempted to turbo the Punto as well but just decided to buy an RX-8 instead which has been my daily driver since the end of July 2014, and thus the punto has been sitting on my dad's drive on SORN ever since :(
I'd of liked to of kept the punto as a commuter/project car and the rex as a weekend car, but insuring 1 car let alone 2 at my age is
yuck.gif
banghead.gif

Reluctant to part ways with it, it's small aggressive look combined with the incredibly mean suction sound from the GSR - which was mistaken for a turbo or 1.8 countless times :ROFLMAO: - makes it incredibly fun and cool to drive (or well, rags the **** out of the poor thing 24/7 in my case LOL). Another reason being is because I also feel like it's an unfinished half-completed project on my behalf; I'm gonna miss it dearly but it's best for it to move on rather than rotting away and being abused by my dads mate's sticking eyelashes and hello kitty stickers on it and posting it on his Facebook:
Untitled-1_zpsobnxyv9k.jpg

LOL

If you're interested in purchasing any of the mods off of it then flick me a message - literally all of the mods including the lowering springs are for sale minus the subwoofer as that's now in the rex.

I'll leave a link to my current RX-8 build once I create a thread on the RX8 forums for it (if I'm allowed to?)

Apologies for so many images or if I've posted incorrectly - thanks for reading and any opinions are welcome
smile.gif

Krucial

Last edited:
So, I should of created this thread back in 2012 when I bought my Punto as my first car... but I've been terribly procrastinating ever since, thus finally forcing myself to do it a month before selling the car to my cousin
cry.gif

It's a Punto MK2b Active Sport 1.2 16v, here's the car stock when I bought it back in 2012 June with 40k on the clock:

punto%20stock_zpsklal1wsv.jpg%7Eoriginal

Over the 2 years and a month I drove the car, I done the following modifications:

Interior:
-Abarth steering wheel badge
-Abarth leather seatbelt pads
-Blue cold cathodes in footwells with switch+fuse
-Blue LED silver metal gearknob
-Single din headunit with trim
-FLi audio component front speakers (crossover+tweeters)
-FLi coaxial rears (custom fitted larger than stock speakers into the same place as the original rears)
-FLi audio twin 12" 2000w sub
-A Pillars sprayed black
-Oil temp and pressure gauges mounted on O/S A-Pillar

Exterior:
-50mm lowering springs
-GSR Induction kit (which I bought off of Jon on the forums here)
-Sportex "race" center pipe
-Sportex center exit twin 3.5" backbox
-Small Sunstrip and 5% limo black tints on rears
-Team Heko wind deflectors
-Debadged grill
-Removed plastic door protector trims
-Rear active sport optional mudflaps
-Abarth wheel center caps
-Abarth boot badge
-Abarth side skirts
-Front calipers painted red with high temp enamel
-Error free LED fogs, sidelight bulbs and dipped beam bulbs (Osram's)
-Inside of headlights sprayed matt black
-A PLUSHY HANGING FROM THE REAR OF THE CAR CUZ THAT'S WUT ALL THE KOOL KIDZ DO AMIRITE!?
devil.gif
slayer.gif

It's now got about 63k on the clock if I recall correctly, and it had numerous work done on it over the 2 years;
2 full services, new sparks, tyres, ht leads, discs&pads, timing belt, drive shafts, cv joints, sump etc.

This is the car as she last stood:
Punto1_zpsgtiqjabd.jpg

Punto2_zpsrugq7x3s.jpg

Punto3_zpsu9giljtx.jpg

Punto4_zpsnzqzttgc.jpg

Punto5_zpsonnmaip8.jpg

Punto6_zpslbl2ejej.jpg

Punto7_zps5sapuahs.jpg

Unfortunately I never got round to spraying my wheels black or tinting the rear tail lights as I was going for a stealthy look. Was tempted to turbo the Punto as well but just decided to buy an RX-8 instead which has been my daily driver since the end of July 2014, and thus the punto has been sitting on my dad's drive on SORN ever since :(
I'd of liked to of kept the punto as a commuter/project car and the rex as a weekend car, but insuring 1 car let alone 2 at my age is
yuck.gif
banghead.gif

Reluctant to part ways with it, it's small aggressive look combined with the incredibly mean suction sound from the GSR - which was mistaken for a turbo or 1.8 countless times :ROFLMAO: - makes it incredibly fun and cool to drive (or well, rags the **** out of the poor thing 24/7 in my case LOL). Another reason being is because I also feel like it's an unfinished half-completed project on my behalf; I'm gonna miss it dearly but it's best for it to move on rather than rotting away and being abused by my dads mate's sticking eyelashes and hello kitty stickers on it and posting it on his Facebook:
Untitled-1_zpsobnxyv9k.jpg

LOL

If you're interested in purchasing any of the mods off of it then flick me a message - literally all of the mods including the lowering springs are for sale minus the subwoofer as that's now in the rex.

I'll leave a link to my current RX-8 build once I create a thread on the RX8 forums for it (if I'm allowed to?)

Apologies for so many images or if I've posted incorrectly - thanks for reading and any opinions are welcome
smile.gif

Krucial

Nice car, Just sent you a message

Hi do you still have the lowering springs?

Fiat Punto Mk2b Active Sport ^^

Back