Technical Knocking_noise_getting_worse??

Currently reading:
Technical Knocking_noise_getting_worse??

Nero75

Just_had_new_gearbox_fitted_in_96_punto_but_noticed_a_slight_tapping_sound_as_if_from_under_bonnet_Now_tapping_has_turned_to_knocking_as_soon_as_ignition_turned_on_?Any_ideas?_ps_sorry_bout_lines_but_f___ing_space_bar_broke!

No_at_first_it_sounded_like_something_rolling_about_when_i_was_driving_but_now_as_soon_as_engine_running_knocking_noise_there_as_well>Seems_louder_when_car_is_stationary_but_running.

Right,still knocking but comes and goes, i think i have pinpointed where its coming from,just to the right of engine encased in black plastic shell. Now seems to come and go but definetly feels like something loose rolling around!Doing me head in now as have yet to fit my cd-mp3 player in.Space bar fixed by the way:D

if you looking at it with bonnet open i suppose its passenger side.like a small plastic thing attached to side of engine withs screws in it.

Sorry didnt get back to u dave,found out what noise was:bang:bit embarrasing this as it is the exhaust coming of a clamp or something but it is directly under engine,only found out when mate tap exhaust with foot and it made same sound.Now will take it to gArage with ramp ,hopefully just a press in,thanks anyway dave.

Back