Technical Key is not moving inside the lock cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Key is not moving inside the lock cylinder

jimunna

Dear All,
I am a new user of FIAT. I am using FIAT Bravo 1999 3door Hatchback model with 1.2l engine. it was running fine.
Suddenly on last friday, I parked m car in some free parking place and left for 30 min. after coming back i tried to start the car and found my stearing locked. Tried a bit hard to remove the stearing lock. after some time i was able to unlock the stearing but the key is not moving further.
After some study over online and youtube, I think my lock cylinder is broken and need to be replaced.
Now the problem is if I call some Mechanik, he will charge a lot to come. If i call a toe truck, it will cost much as well, as this is not covered by my insurance. I want to start my car somehow and drive to the garrage for repair.
please suggest me some way to start the car without the key, like hot wire. I am just a student....want to solve the issue in low cost.
Thanks guys in advance.

You left the doors open?

If you can get ignition on you could just jump it or short the starter.
If you cant get the ignition on, its gong to be tricy as nothing is getting power and replacing the lock cylinder is easier than starting to bypass everything and repairing it afterwards.

And as you can get the steering lock off, you could just have someone tow it.

Back