Technical key code

Currently reading:
Technical key code

MOUSE123

Hi all i have a Marea weekend elx and have come out this morning to find the key code light will not go out and the car will not start. i dont have the red key but the AA gave me the security number for the car (they spent over an hour working on the car to no avail) in the end all they said is that i would have to take it to the fiat dealers. I have tried the emergency overide but the fuel injector light on the dashboard does not light up so i cannot proceded with that. The only other thing that has happened is that the battery all of a sudden packed up last weekend without any warning. Any ideas anyone

Thanks in advance

Mark

battery problems often cause the immob system to freeze up like this. i think the battery is by far the most likely cause since it packed up last week.

if a new battery doesnt solve the problem then you need to check the immob fuse i the enigne bay and also wiggle the wires on the ignition switch aerial.

battery problems often cause the immob system to freeze up like this. i think the battery is by far the most likely cause since it packed up last week.

if a new battery doesnt solve the problem then you need to check the immob fuse i the enigne bay and also wiggle the wires on the ignition switch aerial.

Thanks for the reply. The battery went compleatly dead last week and had a replacement fitted at kwik fit, i will have a look at the fuse when i get back.Is it in the fuse box on top of the engine to the right?

no injection light sound like an ECU supply problem, in which case the keycode light won't go out, so check all your fuses, relays and connectors first before doing anything else drastic..

Back