Technical key code trouble

Currently reading:
Technical key code trouble

Marea20ValveTurbo

hi all i have been reading through all the key code threads and cant find the solution to my problem. i have a Marea 2.0 20v Weekend on an r plate with 100000 miles on clock.

parked my car up last night come out to it this morning and tried to start it as usual and the key code light stays on and it wont start, i have checked all the fuses and relays they all seem fine, tried to reset code with red master key and still nothing happens. this is the first time this has happened and up until now ive had no problems at all. is there anything else i need to try or is there anything else that may cause this to happen. Thanks in Advance peeps, steve

Hay you taken both keys to Timpsons to see if the usual key you use have somehow gone 'pete tong', putting them near magnets,microwaves, on tv,hot surfaces can effect them , Timpsons will plug the red key in ,read the code do the same with the usual key and see if the code differs-thats the cheapest option i know, barr that the likes of Beast,Dave ,Bulldog, Johnson550 will know oddles more than me, let us know when you get it sorted pls.
Joker

just thought i would update my marea saloon and the weekend are both being broken for parts will post a couple of pics soon let me know if you need any parts;)

it was going to cost too much money to fix i took it to a garage and it needed ecu, codebox ,and new set of locks and ignition or so they :mad: so im looking for a bravo turbo now:D

datarecall services (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/datarecall/) will sort it out for you cheaply. He's a long term user of this forum. And no you dont need new keys or locks. Just replace the chips from the replacement key and get it cloned and put the chips in your existing keys.

I recon its the code ring around the ignition barrel thats gone a bit kaput, messing with the steering wheel or cowl can knock the immobilsor pickup.

Back