General Kev is on his way

Currently reading:
General Kev is on his way

Any luck on this? I notice the feed has kinda halted.

Fingers crossed it's just "no mobile signal" out there or something

Hello all,

like you we all have been worried and had no luck to get hold of them as they had no signal for a while.
BUT I have spoken to Kev just after midnight this morning and they are on their way to bamako in Mali.
They had kind of lost their way and were in the middle of nowhere - I mean nowhere!!!!
They still had to go about 300miles to Bamako on VERY bad roadconditions last nite and were driving through the nite. The roads are almost non existent with huge potholes ( as big as a truck I am told) but hopefully they should reach Bamako today at some point, where the rallye will finish as their flight is due to be back tomorrow night from there
!!
Kev's phone is having no signal at all, only his brothers and therefore they can not update twitter as his brotehrs phone does not have internet access!

So, I will be in touch and let you know what is going on !!!

Cheers all

Heike :)

I

Hello all,

like you we all have been worried and had no luck to get hold of them as they had no signal for a while.
BUT I have spoken to Kev just after midnight this morning and they are on their way to bamako in Mali.
They had kind of lost their way and were in the middle of nowhere - I mean nowhere!!!!
They still had to go about 300miles to Bamako on VERY bad roadconditions last nite and were driving through the nite. The roads are almost non existent with huge potholes ( as big as a truck I am told) but hopefully they should reach Bamako today at some point, where the rallye will finish as their flight is due to be back tomorrow night from there
!!
Kev's phone is having no signal at all, only his brothers and therefore they can not update twitter as his brotehrs phone does not have internet access!

Cheers all

I

Phew!!! They saved the best bit till last eh :)

WELL, at last::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Hooray...Hooray...Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 25 days, at 12.24 hours Kev and his brother Sean arrived in Bamako after completing 5010 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship::worship:
The rallye is officially completed now............! Rosso, the Nissan Micra has not had any problems apart from the exhaust broken whilst being in the Sahara!!! An absolute truly Winner!!!
The Rover blew up last night and had to be towed by the Suzuki for nearly 60miles. Not sure what will happen to this car............ Suzuki had a few problems in Morrocco ( chassis snapped) and other minor bits but has also arrived complete in Bamako!!

Kev's phone is not yet on signal so it may take a few days before updates come through, but the boys will be back in Engalnd on Wednesday morning!!

Cheers to the Champions and thank you all for your keen interest!!!(y)(y)

Heike

Hello all,

!!

Cheers all

I

Heike,

You are a STAR :D :D (y) :worship:

Thanks for updating us, we have been worried, both here and on the 4x4 site (pages 4 & 5 show that the absence of posts was getting to them too).

I have to say this comment was rather worrying - check the guys for seasoning when they get back !

hey trev any word from the guys on their journey, their website show last update 3 days ago as well??? anyone been in contact with em??? they get eaten by the natives????

Trev

Last edited:
Back