General Keep the Stilo?

Currently reading:
General Keep the Stilo?

Morritt

Do I keep it?

I have had it 6 weeks, back to the garage the day i got it, back < 2 weeks later, and back just after 1 month (broke sunday before last) and i havent seen it since (the clutch also went on the courtesy car they gave me ... grr)

so i rekon i can get my money (or at least over 90+% of it) back after reading the sale of goods act etc.

seeing as they are picking up the courtesy car where it stopped, and i now have no car (and i live 20 mins walk from work) whats stopping me telling them to stuff it and give me my money? nothing!

Now come on your not admitting it but WE know you would miss it and us ;) seriously though I hope you get it sorted out [which ever way]to your satisfaction preferably Keep the car (y)

well i would really miss it, but i havent had a weeks trouble free motoring from it, my/any confidence in it getting me somewhere and back is slowly dribbling away.

currently its about 20 miles away, and even if the garage miraculously phoned up to say its fixed then how am i going to get it? have they fixed the wiper problem they they cant replicate?

i'm so tempted to phone them up at lunch time and just tell them either to get it to me working by the end of the day or keep it.

I can see your point I think that this would even **** of a patient person like me :rolleyes: :D its funny though when you think about it you get a fault and you take it in to be repaired and the fault doesnt happen when the car is in the dealers :bang:

yeah or does it but they dont know what to do and as its not a major fault and showing in the logs they just turn a blind eye ... second hand car salesmen are notorious for being *****

If I was you Morritt I would just ask for your money back, get in touch with trading standards and see where you stand before you ring the garage. I'm sure your entitled to all your money if it was only purchased in april.

Dan

dan-the-man said:
If I was you Morritt I would just ask for your money back, get in touch with trading standards and see where you stand before you ring the garage. I'm sure your entitled to all your money if it was only purchased in april.

Dan

Ooooo yes I forgot about those nice people at Trading standards now usually gets their arses in gear when you mention them :eek: try it Morrit if you like the car and all you want is for it to be sorted then its worth a try (y)

yeah, i mean i do want the car, but i am pissed that they are leaving me without one for god knows how long because the courtesy car broke down, he gave me the "ooh, we've had that car for a year or so and its been fine" ... well yeah, lots of people have cars and they are "fine" till they break.

i am tempted to call them and tell them i need a car tonight (actually i need it tomorrow and saturday) or i want my money back

Looks like you have their attention, as they have accepted responsibility then they will have to continue until it is fixed. If at a later stage it re-occurs then reject the car. Sounds like you want the car but not the hassle.

yeah, exactly.

well phoned them up, the power steering is fixed, they are just trying to get the warning off ... and the coil pack should be in (they have received an order in but havent checked yet), and thats not too long a job (apparently although on their current performance... another week?), so hopefully tonight i should have it back (they are talking of dropping it off when they pickup the punto which they havent yet gotten round to)

well i got it back, "everything" is ok, well apart from the "electric steering failure" warning, but i can take it to the local fiat dealer who will sort that out (and the garage will pay for it).

so i'm semi-happy, only time will tell, maybe this was a new owner hiccup (crosses fingers), but it will be a while before i feel any real confidence in the car.

now i am getting pissed off, the passenger seat worked till i had someone in the back, now its stuck forward again ... and also the wiper problem is still there (randomly stopping)

do i dare a 4th time back?

Morritt said:
now i am getting pissed off, the passenger seat worked till i had someone in the back, now its stuck forward again ... and also the wiper problem is still there (randomly stopping)

do i dare a 4th time back?

Wipers stoping randomly:chin: is this on full wipe or on intermiten wipe when mine is on intermitten they do stop like this its to do with the screen sensor for the wipers :)

And when you say seat fault, electric or manual seats? And what do you mean by stuck forward? I'm assuming it's a 3dr.

I beleive the wiper problem to be a wiper motor assembly fault, there was a mod done to it a while back - what age is yours Morritt?

Really hope you get this sorted out soon - promise Stilo ownership isn't always like this!

Rroope as Morrits is the Abarth wouldnt it have the rain sensor also ? he hasnt confirmed what mode his wipers are in when he gets the problem IE- continuous or intermittent wipe :)

Depends Phil on what age; Rain Sensing was deleted in Phase 2 . . .

Does seem to be wiper motor fault, has occured to some people in the Bravo/a forum, and I had a punto courtesy car that had this problem and the dealer said it was in for a new motor assembly soon.

Morritt, please can you confirm your car's age, warranty status, and the stuff regarding the seats in my earlier post so we can help (y)

Last edited:
Back