Technical just pruchased myself

Currently reading:
Technical just pruchased myself

Aust

a throttle body from a citroen zx 1.4IT
was told it will fit bolt for bolt onto the standard sporting manifold
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230088058252&rd=1&rd=1
its 36 mm
all's i need now is the insulation it sits on
anyone got any comments or tips ???
i hope it does actually fit as i was told it will
by somebody on this forum
thanks for all your help in advance
and previous to this thread
austin

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
ill get one done with pics etc
as soon as ive cleaned it up
got the insulation block and all is ready to fit it to the manifold
as been as j333evo fitted it to a turbo cinq
im worried about it overfueling as mines N/A!
but we shall see
the throttle bodies are cheap as chips to get hold of
i got mine for a tenner off ebay
so its not the end of the world if it doesnt

what are your views on the over fueling ?
as been as mine is N/A ?
and the one previously fitted was turbocharged ?

The only thing it might do is flood the engine on idle as IIRC the butterfly stays open unlike on the fiat one which closes. Many people use 40mm TBs no problems with overfueling, as after all the injector delivers the fuel which is all looked after anyway by the ECU (to a certain extent).

what are your views on the over fueling ?
as been as mine is N/A ?
and the one previously fitted was turbocharged ?

The fuelling on Emma's Turbo Cinq (like Imola Blue's -- although Blue runs a Tricker) is by both the stock ECU/injector and a MF2 unit controlling a second injector according (to over simplify) to boost. So there's no need for worries about over fuelling in NA applications.

SkinzCinqSporting -- I'm reliably informed that there will be a full guide, in technicolour, in the next Centochat. ;)

The only thing it might do is flood the engine on idle as IIRC the butterfly stays open unlike on the fiat one which closes.

So why do you want one if its going to stay open and flood your engine? :rolleyes: (and just so you don't have to spend £20 on ClubCento membership, i'll tell you this for free, the butterfly does not stay open, unless some dumdass has taken it apart and put it back together wrong (y) )

Over fuelling won't be a problem, as the ECU will just increase fuel proportional to air flow. The only side effect I can see from a larger TB is having is slightly higher idle speed.

So why do you want one if its going to stay open and flood your engine? :rolleyes: (and just so you don't have to spend £20 on ClubCento membership, i'll tell you this for free, the butterfly does not stay open, unless some dumdass has taken it apart and put it back together wrong (y) )

It does, slightly- around 2-5 degrees. You should see 85 stamped on the butterfly. I believe that this indicates it opens 85 degrees.

Explain the purpose of the adjuster grub screw on the throttle attachment otherwise.

Yeah, i agree Tom, they are 'slightly' open, only easy way to see this though is to hold them upto a light (not very scientific, but it shows a very small ring of light at the edge of the butterfly). The 30mm and a 36mm TB both seemed to have the butterfly in the same sort of closed position. Must admit i have not measured any angles and i have not adjusted the stop screw, hence my comment of the 36mm TB not being 'open' at idle when compared with a 30mm

Back