Technical Just got my fiat lounge yesterday key code question

Currently reading:
Technical Just got my fiat lounge yesterday key code question

Eyak

Hello am new to forums (it took 30 mins to work out how to post a question!)
I got my 12 reg Fiat 500 lounge yesterday from a dealership (Am 2nd owner)but not a Fiat dealership. I have both keys and they both work, but I cannot find a key code card in my paperwork, which is all intact.
I did see somewhere on this forum that new cars are not supplied with one. I have the ISR forms do I need to complete it ? Will they then have the key code?
I haven't even lost a key yet but am in a panic if I do ( so female!!) 0r can the Fiat dealership get the. code from the existing key?
Sorry I know loads of questions!

Hello am new to forums (it took 30 mins to work out how to post a question!)
I got my 12 reg Fiat 500 lounge yesterday from a dealership (Am 2nd owner)but not a Fiat dealership. I have both keys and they both work, but I cannot find a key code card in my paperwork, which is all intact.
I did see somewhere on this forum that new cars are not supplied with one. I have the ISR forms do I need to complete it ? Will they then have the key code?
I haven't even lost a key yet but am in a panic if I do ( so female!!) 0r can the Fiat dealership get the. code from the existing key?
Sorry I know loads of questions!

Key code can easily be issued by the Fiat garage with the Chassis number. I have an older '09 'Fiat' and the key code card was missing - it cost an additional €50 to have this issued - I now have a 'letter'. Unsure if Fiat will charge an additional amount for the issuing of a key code on the new 500s.
Recent posting by Andy Monty with the suggestion of Timsons may work out cheaper than getting a replacement key from Fiat if you're unfortunate to lose a key. Get the impression that they are able to re-code the key without the key code whilst Fiat need the code.

I got my car 1st sept last year. The key code details are written on a purple plastic fob thing that was supplied to me by the dealer attached to the spare key. I've no idea if newer cars do or don't get the code, I would expect them to supply it tbh but who knows.

Back