Technical Just bought a stilo few issues -wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Just bought a stilo few issues -wipers

coupedummy

Hiya newbie on here but naturally am a coupe owner and on the fccuk club.

Anyway me and gf just bought a fiat stilo dynamique jtd,3 door and skyroof.

So far great,the cars is really fantastic but yesterday something happened with the wipers,they seem to have cuaght each other and now the passenger side doesnt move.

No resistance or anything just flimsy passenger side wiper.

Drivers side still goes like a goodun so can anyone advise me before i get my hands dirty,is there a common issue?

Also i read alittle about the skyroof,got a small issue with mine that when the roof is brought all the way back its fine,turn it to close it closes the first pane then retracts all the way back.

Like its jammed at a certain point and returns to open position,i can close it by pushing the knob inwards and eventually closes that way but im sure its not the only way to close it.

Is there a common problem with the switch? ,motor and power etc are fine.

Anyway ranting any help very appreciated.Thankyou

wiper linkeage has failed

to quick and temporary fix it you have to take wiper arms off and the plastic shield

then you'll see failed linkeage

just turn it "upside down" and put it back on

it should be fine for couple of months but after it fails again its a new wiper mechanysm i'm afraid

ah and its a common issue yes

No resistance or anything just flimsy passenger side wiper.
Drivers side still goes like a goodun so can anyone advise me before i get my hands dirty,is there a common issue?

I had the exact same thing a few weeks ago although I got an intermittent banging noise from the driver's one. Needed a replacement wiper mechanism which I was told only comes with a motor which you probably dont need at the time. £140 for the part and one hour's labour.....

Back