General Just bought a cinq sporting.. Classic insurance

Currently reading:
General Just bought a cinq sporting.. Classic insurance

coupedummy

Hi
I just picked up my new cinq sporting in yellow. Never owned or driven one before but really could bypass this.
It's on an n plate 1995 I believe with 16k on the clock.
Been dry stored and now all mine.

Problem is I have just tried adding it to my classic insurance that my 1997 fiat coupe turbo is on and say the cinq needs to be at least 20 years old.

Have anyone got the cinq insured on a classic policy anywhere?

Thank you

Reuben

In my experience it depends on what the insurance company view as a "classic".....it doesn't always have to be 20+ yeras old, as you know from your coupe.

I insured my old 1998 Alfa 145 1.8 under classic insurance....I spoke to the adviser, and as there were less than 50 left of that model/engine, they agreed to insure it as a classic car, purely based on the limited numbers.

Now I've got a QV, and there are 229 left....they said no....although its actually cheaper to insure than the 1.8:confused:

My coupe is on classic insurance at £300 a year which is a bargain for the group and car.as it would only be a weekend car i am looking for the cheapest ways really. Im29 with no no-claims due to my main vehicle being a company one. I'll have a scout on monday and let everyone know how I got on.

Last edited:
Hi
I just picked up my new cinq sporting in yellow. Never owned or driven one before but really could bypass this.
It's on an n plate 1995 I believe with 16k on the clock.
Been dry stored and now all mine.

Problem is I have just tried adding it to my classic insurance that my 1997 fiat coupe turbo is on and say the cinq needs to be at least 20 years old.

Have anyone got the cinq insured on a classic policy anywhere?

Thank you

Reuben
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Back