Just a couple of Qs

Currently reading:
Just a couple of Qs

rpaterson

Two questions about insurance folks;

Some companies charge more if you use your car for business purposes. Why? If you've told them you do 12,000 miles per year why does it matter if you're going down the shops or to a meeting???

Companies will ask if you have access to another vehicle. Why do they ask this? I've got access to a company car and a company van. Will this add to my premium as I may crash an unfamiliar vehicle???

I assume they ask where your going to be driving because 90% of us drive to and from work in rush hour, hence meaning more traffic and more chance of an accident, it doesnt bump your premium up by much anyways..

Not sure about the second question, I assume your reasoning is correct :)

Two questions about insurance folks;

Some companies charge more if you use your car for business purposes. Why? If you've told them you do 12,000 miles per year why does it matter if you're going down the shops or to a meeting???

Companies will ask if you have access to another vehicle. Why do they ask this? I've got access to a company car and a company van. Will this add to my premium as I may crash an unfamiliar vehicle???

We tend not to charge for personal business use but some companies do, hence the question.

Re the second vehicle access, we tend to ask because if you have a clean record with maximum NCB on your other car, we can give maximum introductory discount on the second one, if you have a lower NCB, i.e. you have full NCB on car one, but only 2 years on car 2, we can give full NCB as an introductory discount on car 2.

However, some companies just ask for marketing purposes, i.e. then start bombarding you with junk mail!

Back