General Juddering on acceleration

Currently reading:
General Juddering on acceleration

Andywebb

I have had a scan on the search button but cannot find similar problem.

I have the Doblo 1.4 petrol (2007). At the weekend I changed the air filter and spark plugs. All went well car started and seemed to be running OK. Today I go out, accelerating away from a roundabout for example the car judders but runs OK. If I accelerate smoothly no problem only on hard acceleration.

I am thinking that the spark plug leads maybe damaged or one broken?

I have not tried driving up a hill yet, had panic attack on the juddering and went straight home, checked plugs all ok, checked leads but they show no sign of damage so cannot work out if one lead damaged or more.

Would be grateful for input, will fit new leads asap but just looking for other ideas

Sorry some may see I live in Spain but my Dobbie is UK model.

Last edited:
I also have the exact same problem with my 2008 Doblo. In my case it's the clutch as it is on its last legs having done over 140K miles. - but the symptoms are the same, judder on hard acceleration, ok on gentler throttle openings.

Thanks for your input. Having continued my search online I am also looking at hesitation on accelerating which would be closer to my problem I think.

It is difficult to pin down having not experienced it before, a slipping clutch yes engine revs and going nowhere but this is a judder easing off when coming off the revs. I have yet to try driving up hill which I will have to do to get to the garage so may give me more info to pass onto the mechanics.

Put the old plugs back in, check theyre the same, check gaps.

Thanks, that would be the correct and sensible thing to do, however! This one didn't keep them :mad:

But in my defence of being an idiot their was a reason I did not. When I took out plug 4 the last one I did the tip of the plug was missing! I thought very strange struggled to figure out where it was, in the end it was in the lead cap. Now this was not just done by me, the top of the plug was brown, a thin layer of rust I would assume, not a fresh break. Now I have never changed the plugs in the car and it was second-hand bought in Glasgow and driven to southern Spain.

This gave rise to be thinking the lead was damaged after I prized out the tip with a screwdriver!! I have now fitted a new lead at some expense I must say. Also replaced the larger of the 2 pipes coming out of the air filter as they looked knackered.

But sadly no joy, still hesitant on acceleration and does not like steep hills. I am thinking my new plug gaps could be out as suggested but to find the correct gap is proving difficult.

Anyone know the gap for plugs in a Doblo 1.4 petrol (77Hp)?

Most sparkplugs are pregapped but you still need to make sure it doesn't get knocked closed on installing, very roughly 0.035"–0.070" (0.9–1.8 mm). but it sounds like you may have HT cable issues too, check your cables are not touching the block or anything earthed.

Back