General JTD - How much to last tank.

Currently reading:
General JTD - How much to last tank.

Hi guys,

Thought I would see if anyone would be interested in posting up how far their JTD traveled on its last tank of fuel. Pics if you can and how the journey panned out i.e. All Motorway, Half Motorway Half Town etc.

I'll start, Fuel light came on at 520Miles, Filling up at 552Miles. My travels are based around 60% Motorway and 10% Town and 30% 50/60 Roads.

Also; Using Shell Fuel Save Diesel. (y)

Most of my driving is probably a mixture - mostly A roads (nat. speed limit), and I manage about 500-550 miles a tank. I also use Shell Diesel.

I'm yet to test my new Multijet on this though...they were the figures I used to get with my old Dynamic.

There is also spritmonitor.de very good site

Log on fuelly.com and keep a record.you can keep notes on journeys or fuel etc on a log.some have linked to show there mpg at bottom of posts on forums but not sure how to do it?

Ive just reached the end of a tank so will check that one tomorrow, but the last one, which was a mixture of Motorway trips, Dual Carriageways & A & B Roads in light traffic (no queues) resulted in 550 miles to empty.

The light came on around 500 iirc, but is overly keen so i tend not to panic about it now.

My indicated average MPG on the trip computer was between 46 & 47.5mpg over 95% of the tank. Not checked it against fuelly yet though.

Using Total standard fuel.

Liam

anyone who can explain how to link to things on the bottom of the threads please feel free.

i can get it on here how do i get it permanent on the bottom of my posts

ps anyone looking at my fuelly i dropped a clanger when i first started logging and i was in US gallons so i had to carry on .so my real mpg is 42.9 if i log in UK it shows 51.5mpg which is wrong .
anyone who registers make sure your in uk top left corner of screen.

Last edited:
You can get fuelly in your signature by:

1) From your Fuelly Profile go to the Vehicle Profile

2) Down the bottom left you will see your Fuelly Badge, click on it.

3) You will see in the banner image boxes some code, in that code will be a 5-digit number

4) Paste the following code into your FF signature (where 00000 is your vehicle's code number)

Use 'fuellys' rather than 'fuelly' in the above code if you want the small banner

:)

Last edited:
Just filled up to brim, car had done 610 miles and took 47 litres to fill, thats 720 miles to a tank full, which aint bad.

Back