JTD 105 dead?

Currently reading:
JTD 105 dead?

A

Andy

Hi, just had my car on the road for the first time in about a month, it got about 6 miles and the engine temp went up, and the heater went cold.
Turning back to go home again, it seemed to return to normal, then it happened again, and just for good measure, the injector light came on as well, accompanied by a rattling sound. The car has done 85000 miles, all fluid levels were correct, and there has been no previous indications of anything going wrong.
After stopping the engine when I got home, it now refuses to start - sounds like it's firing on 2 cylinders.
Any clues as to what the problem might be would be much appreciated.

sounds like you've killed it!

ok, could be the thermostat has gone, and blown shut but that would explain the engine temp. Was there anti-freeze in the system??

Injector problem maybe, or dirt in the fuel lines.

Sounds like a water problem - discount the MAFF also before trying to restart.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

It's an ex jtd 105!!

Yes, I think you're right, it's dead, I've noticed that the cam belt (40k miles) has cut a groove in it's cover as well, and it's started to shred itself, and twisted too - might as well have the whole thing self destruct at once so that at least I know not to start spending any money on it:-(
Thanks for the replies anyway

might be the water pump has seized then, causing the belt to slip past the pully and slip.

Might be a good time to put on ebay for spares / repairs

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

jtd 105 dead?

It shouldn't be the water pump - it was changed when I had the cam belt done, but you are probably right about the selling for spares bit.

JTD 105 dead!

Hi Ed, I've decided that the old Bravo has to go, so if someone would like to make a reasonable offer, please let me know. email is [email protected]

It turns out that the cambelt has shredded and sort of come off, by which I mean that it is still on the pulleys, but I think it has come off the tensioner somehow. I would think the engine has had it, although it did arrive home under it's own power - just.

As the car has only done 85k miles, most of the bits and pieces should be in reasonable condition.

There are two brand new tyres on the front, rears still have mileage left in them.

The car is near King's Lynn at the moment, and you would have to arrange collection.

Iff I don't hear from someone in the next week or so, it'll be on ebay.

Cheers

Andy