- Standard

FUTURE MODS:

- Powder Coated Wheels
- GSR Induction
- Supersprint Exhaust
- Colour coded handles

09pics1.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

And one from when it was covered in snow! ;)

09pics2.jpg
Nah not yet, need to though! Been thinking about driving down to the Red dot day but not sure if I can make it/be bothered to drive that far lol.

10 year revival.

Had it on a rolling road last Tuesday and tested different induction setups. These are all with a Supersprint manifold and rear silencer fitted, and the gauze removed from the throttle body (trying to squeeze every last pony out).

Run 1 - Standard Induction - 135bhp
Run 2 - Standard Induction with Jetex drop in filter - 136bhp
Run 3 - Standard Induction hose/chopped up GSR Induction kit hybrid with Jetex angled filter - 142bhp
Run 4 - GSR Induction kit with Jetex angled filter - 141bhp

Run 4 setup made more power lower down than the run 3 setup and then they switched over higher up the revs. The guy there recommended running the Run 4 setup for that bit extra low down.

I made the mistake of asking for the graphs to be emailed over rather than printed and still haven't had anything so need to start hassling. As far as I can remember there was a ~5 lb-ft increase with the induction kit and hybrid.

Over the weekend I had a play with some more silicone and manage to extend the GSR so that the filter was sat right behind the bumper opening. After driving it for a bit yesterday I thought it had reduced the power lower down the revs so switched back to how it was on Run 4 for the time being. The differences will be so small here that the only way to know for sure will be on the dyno.
I think I can improve the extension setup slightly (get rid of one joint) then will head back to the rolling road to try it along with the one piece front/centre/sports cat exhaust piece I have.

Another idea I've got is to make up an airbox/enclosure for the filter which should be fairly simple to do.

The two door Mk2 Punto with the narrow headlights is a stunning design. Love them.

The engine with manifold clogging precats was supposed to make 130bhp but that would be measured at the crank so 135bhp at the wheels (presumably) is a good gain. I would expect most of that came from the SuperSprint. You may be able to squeeze a bit more by chamfering the edge of the throttle butterfly to give a sharper edge. You'll probably need a spare to work on as it can easily go wrong.

Check out David Vizard's videos on You Tube where he talks about gas flow tuning. He's specifically discussing the Classic Mini A Series but the fundamentals don't change. Well worth watching.

Did you know the Alfa Twin Spark engines will fit the HGT. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Twin_Spark_engine

I'm guessing that would be the calculation at the flywheel to be honest.

I'll have a look at that!

Oh yeah it dropped to 125 bhp with the Aircon on ?

Back