Technical Isofix bracket bent/damaged

Currently reading:
Technical Isofix bracket bent/damaged

Oggles

Hi - due to impending arrival of baby we have purchased a car seat (Nuna Arra Next) and completed a trial fit to check everything works correctly.

It is apparent that the passenger side outboard Isofix bracket is bent - it's raised about 1/2" above the seat cushion compared to the other three sat flush.
This makes the isofix base sit out of level. I'm not an expert but I think it would take considerable force to bend it out of position which would be difficult under everyday use... We have had the car from new but obviously never had a need to check.

Anyone else experienced this?
Is it safe? (I think no, but I also doubt some people would notice)
Is it a replaceable part? part number? I can only seem to find for little 500.
DIY job?

Car is currently booked into main dealer to look at and tell me it's bent before they will order parts 'no return' from fiat... I am trying to accelerate the process as we have a month to go and it's over two week wait for service appts.

p.s. putting the seat on the other side is out of the question due to long legged drivers... the rear cabin is smaller than you think! :ROFLMAO:

Do the nearside and offside outer fixings look the same? If so you could swop them over. That said I've not looked at my 500X Isofix stuff as I've never needed to use them.
That’s a great suggestion. I’ve not looked as they’re zipped inside the back rest. Hopefully they’re not mirrored or asymmetrical because of the split seat. Will report back.

Back